Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Poker Bustouts

I havent seen the video yet, but Vinnie Favorito i have played with at Hollywood Park on more than one occasion. The guy is a comic, not a Pro Poker player. Not by a long shot. if he is an example of a bustout well, i think the video is probably inacurate. Bye the way he was terrible. Not even close to abeing average.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Poker Bustouts

[ QUOTE ]
Vinnie Favorito

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't he on Welcome Back Kotter? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

(Vinnie Barbarino)
Old 09-09-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Poker Bustouts

Vinnie Favorito is a comedian and a damn fine one at that. He was the first headliner at Binion's Horseshoe, the home of the WSOP. After his show every night, he plays poker. If anyone knows about bustouts, it's someone who plays at Binion's.

Don't take the title too literally. Not everyone in the documentary is broke. In Las Vegas, you don't need anyone to "pose" as a bustout. They are not in short supply. You find people posing as pros these days, which partly motivated us.

Anyway, buy the documentary and if you have a real problem with it after seeing it, I'll give you your $20 back. Until then, keep grinding away that poker living.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Heather the Dealer

She's actually hot. But she does not look too hot in the bustout website. They did her looks injustice with bad photography.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Heather the Dealer

[ QUOTE ]
They did her looks injustice with bad photography.

[/ QUOTE ]

That must be the worst photography ever.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:59 PM

Some real loosers in the pic. But the big guy Tomar he seems to being doing alright. Never saw themsay hes broke.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:35 PM

Tomer's doing just great. He's a great historian and storyteller. He's been playing since 1980 in Las Vegas and seen his fair share of bustouts.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:57 AM

I'm sorry but this video looks like a comedy, not a documentary.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:29 AM

Documentaries are funny when there is a comedian and a couple of crazed homeless railbirds. This is a true slice of poker life from players at the Mirage and the Bellagio. The social poker hierarchy of live action limit and no limit players is examined from the 50 year super grinder to the super railbird who just hangs around the poker room. These are the people that don't take themselves too seriously and can actually give an interview without sticking in how great they are at reading opponents, outplaying people heads-up, and how great they are in math. Or, my favorite, how their experience in the cutthroat corporate world has preapared them for professional poker.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:42 AM

Hey Railbird
I live in Japan. I went to order the video but there is no allowance for overseas shipping?