Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Critique This

New player. No paticular reads. I may have been able to find a fold on the river, however I made a crying call because of 8-1 odds. Critique this hand, it has been bothering me.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 08-11-2005, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Critique This

I would have gone with the same line there. You can't c/r this board and they aren't raising. I don't have any idea what BB could have with the way he played that, but I'd have called him as well there as your Qs are probably good most of the time there.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:52 AM

It's fine.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:08 AM

Dont let a weird bet (read: flush bluff) throw you off your hand. i like it
Old 08-11-2005, 07:24 AM

A bet out of no where is always a warning but you can't let it affect you game on this one. You did good.!

Grinderswarehouse - NOT just another BLOG
Old 08-11-2005, 07:44 AM

*Grunch*

Looks fine to me would have played it pretty much the same way. Though I may have taken the free card on the turn, as I can't see me scaring the two villains out of the pot, and check/call the river.

Kick the cat when he turns over his flush. Or cry when he turns over his king.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:55 AM

But what to do when he turns over 72o? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 08:05 AM

First off I think the hand was well played by the OP. I can't really see what he could have done differently.

Secondly I think your thinking is flawed here. Hero is most probably ahead on the turn, and he would be giving rather than getting a free river card if he didn't bet the turn, which IMHO would be a big mistake. Since hero is probably ahead and has a pot equity edge, betting is clearly correct. Furthermore hero is giving the opponents a chance to make the mistake of folding a flush draw incorrectly (though they probably won't).

If this is incorrect or doesn't make sence I would greatly appreciate being corrected by someone more experienced.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But what to do when he turns over 72o? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

when that happens (and it does) i just think that is was a loan [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think that OP (does this mean original poster?) played it just the way i would have.

does the line that villain took look familiar? Check/call, Check/call, donkybet??? KTs?
Old 08-11-2005, 09:05 AM

i was going to say, maybe it was a bluff w/ a busted draw...then i realized that any draw he had on the flop came in by the river. and you have a K on the board. I dont like folding to an unknowns donkbet like that, although it does look like WA/WB on his part w/ a king. But it'd call and see what's the deal.