Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 06:22 AM

Default ATo

No solid read on Villian...at the time I felt he was slightly loose agressive preflop and kind of passive post flop.

Anyway...keep leading the turn? Fold/Call the river? Maybe this is standard, but I dont know anymore...a breakeven/downswing stretch at my upper limit games have me kind of cross eyed.

Also, preflop, the players behind me were of the tighter stock. Although, the blind was kind of Lagish.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero...
Old 08-08-2005, 06:53 AM

Default Re: ATo

Call.
You`re beat most of the time but he might well have just paired the 8 or is bluff-betting a missed oesd.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:59 AM

Why raise ATo after a call and with 4 to play yet? This seems wrong from the start.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why raise ATo after a call and with 4 to play yet? This seems wrong from the start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually...with 2 tight players behind me, most of the time I will buy the button. SB was a tight player as well. BB was laggish as I stated before...so if he calls, he calls. But Id much prefer to grab the intiative and get it heads up against a weak limper all while having position.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...
I`m not sure.
There`s pros:
1) I`d like to get this HU
2) I fold somebody holding aj
Old 08-08-2005, 07:39 AM

I think that raising preflop depends on the table.

I'm betting the turn against one opponet who has not shown any strength so far (against one opponent i might bet the flop and turn even whit nothing as being the preflop raiser, but that really depends on the read).

Getting 7:1 i'm calling the river, but i'm not sure if that's +EV. I'm expecting to see something like 88, T8, K8.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2) I fold somebody holding aj

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not going to happen much at $.50.

The only time I don't raise this is if the first limper is a TAG. We have the best hand against a LPP or LAG, and against a TPP we can probably pick up the pot later. This is a top pair hand that would prefer to be shorthanded, and we're also raising for value. Having the blinds tight makes it even better, although having loosies isn't terrible because we have an edge!

Edit: And I call the river.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:53 AM

this is a pretty easy call.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:06 AM

I think you've got to call here. Even though he might have 88 or a king, you're getting odds enough to see a showdown. You don't want people taking shots at you.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:25 AM

Looks like you just got the WA/WB put on you. Maybe not intentionally. But I don't see what you beat on the end and getting only 6:1 I'm tempted to fold this. Pot is too small for a crying call.

Edit: After thinking about this and reading other posts, I could see why a call would be alright. Pretty close call though I think, since the pot is small. I think if we weren't heads up though I would muck. I guess I'm weak HU [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]