Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 08:06 AM

Default \"Suck it.\" G.W.B to the American Public

Should I blame the Government?
Should I blame the Media which extols the Governments lies?
Or should I blame the public for allowing Dubbya to piss in their mouths?

War on Terrorism?

How can you fight a war on terror? After the first attack in 1993, Clinton, by taking no extreme actions and for the most part doing nothing, magically prevented another attack for 8 years.

Now, the television set tells me that Bush has prevented another terror attack? This logic is ridiculous. Jupiter didn't explode last night, so technically he also prevented that from happening.

9/11 couldn't have been prevented. And guess what, it wasn't even that amazing of a feat. What did 9/11 take? Nineteen brain washed idiots, visas, some cash, and pilot training. Thetas what happened.

If Clinton Nuked the Middle East would it have been prevented? Absolutely not.

Terrorism must be treated as a crime, not a war. You cannot fight a war against an imaginary opponent.

Instead, Bush and Ashcroft, politely asked the American public to bend over while they violently ass rape our civil rights.

The Patriot Act, which is only supposed to be temporary (LMFAO), rips the Bill in Rights in half. The 1st, 4th, 5th, 8th Amendments have been destroyed.

We are left in a constant state of panic, waiting for that inevitable attack -- that same inevitable attack that has been looming since 9/11.

And guess what, that attack will come.
And guess what, it cant be prevented.
And guess what, in 2045 there will still be inevitable attacks.
Cause guess what, the US is creating MORE terrorists as we speak with their imperialist motives.

[censored] YOU GEORGE BUSH. BURN IN HELL

Edit- I left something out. With terrorism never ending, The Patriot Act will always be needed. This is no longer a democratic nation. I will be leaving it shortly.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:12 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default Re: \"Suck it.\" G.W.B to the American Public

[ QUOTE ]
Or should I blame the public for allowing Dubbya to piss in their mouths?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa! When I was at Yale I used to get into some pissing matches, but nothing like you describe.

Well, let me go back and read the rest of your ridiculous rant.

W

Old 04-07-2004, 08:16 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

[ QUOTE ]
Terrorism must be treated as a crime, not a war.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how Clinton treated it. He even once said that we could not take Osama into custody because he hadn't committed a crime yet. Well, that approach worked real well. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

LINK, and Another LINK

W

Old 04-07-2004, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Terrorism must be treated as a crime, not a war.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how Clinton treated it. He even once said that we could not take Osama into custody because he hadn't committed a crime yet. Well, that approach worked real well. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

LINK

W

[/ QUOTE ]
Your ignorance surprises me Dubbya (well not really).

Bin Laden is a terrorist. He is one man. This is all, but you and the media have created this illusion that by capturing him all our problems would be solved. The American pubic think that life is just like the movies, and bought it.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bin Laden is a terrorist. He is one man. This is all, but you and the media have created this illusion that by capturing him all our problems would be solved. The American pubic think that life is just like the movies, and bought it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. We go after the individual, but also the entire group. Remember this Thread?

We would get nowhere if we treated this only like a crime. After all the 19 terrorists of 9/11 are all dead. "So I guess the crime is solved, and we can go back to twidling our thumbs." - Is this what you think?

W

Old 04-07-2004, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We would get nowhere if we treated this only like a crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you wouldn't be able stamp all over peoples civil liberties. Now make it a war and anything goes. Still, keep the people scared, it's worked for all previous administrations.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I blame the Government?
Should I blame the Media which extols the Governments lies?
Or should I blame the public for allowing Dubbya to piss in their mouths? ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess: Community College. Rhetoric. Mid-Term. C minus.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:01 PM

Well YOU may not think the war on terrorism is a "war", but the terrorists don't share your view. They have indeed declared a "war" on the West and particularly on the USA.

Matter of fact this is World War IV: the war of totalitarian Islamists versus the rest of civilization.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:06 PM

I agree that our civil liberties have probably been too fat trampled, and that certain portions of the Patriot Act should probably be revised or eliminated (other portions are good and necessary IMO). I think we should be fighting the war overseas even more vigorously however.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:09 PM

Not to sound too Clintonian but it really depends on what your definition of war is.

If you think war is a military conflict between two or more nations, all of whom have declared war or at least acknowledged that they are in said conflict, then no the war on terror is not a war. In this sense we were at war with Afghanistan and then Iraq (it's a little cloudy whether we continue to be at war with them or not), but there can be no war on terrorism because the face of terrorism isn't represented by a country or even a group of countries. It is a movement brought about by a minority group in various countries. Unless a country or group of them sanctions such acts then war is technically not possible.

If you define war as a great struggle against a fierce and determined opponent that involves the use of military force then it clearly is a war.

Just depends on your definition.