Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2004, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Stalking?

My guess is this guy will get no help from party poker support as it is impossible for anyone one to get help from their customer support. The best they could do for him is tell him that every player has the option to block their own name from the player search function. If he is stupid enough to have not realised this by now than I can see why you enjoy playing with him so much.

As to the ethics of your behavior, you have done nothing wrong. You are not taking advantage of this guy, you are just playing with him, you are not cheating him. You can't help it that anyone playing with this guy has the 'advantage' of not being a moron.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ryan: Bogalusa?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Travis. Not sure he still plays on there as I dont. He may (should) be a better player now as that was over a year ago, maybe not.

Ryan_21
Old 04-09-2004, 12:51 PM

bump. Seriously though I'm not sure if its wrong or not. Anybody have an opinion? I come here for guidence as I'm pretty sure what party would tell ME if I asked them

When Party had the competition here a while ago, one of my ideas was to implement the (much asked for) search function, but I think my more original bit was to have the "hide me from search" feature.

Everyone seemed to dislike it here when it was implemented, but it for precisely this sort of person that I felt it would be a good idea.

If he's getting upset with you then there's no point pursuing him as he probably won't play with you anymore and you are driving someone away from online poker.

I'm not saying you were wrong to do this initially, but there is no need to ever upset a fish, for whatever reason, to the point where they are not willing to play any more.

Lori
Old 04-09-2004, 01:50 PM

The most important lesson we can learn as we try to be successful players is Table Selection. My results have improved dramatically since I've become more conscientious about finding good games rather than just taking what is available. At some sites I do almost have a "Single Player" strategy: some people can make a game good all by themselves: a great mark not only parts with his money but also so discombobulates everyone else that they start playing worse as well.

On the other hand, in the situation at hand, if the other player won't play with you, you can't make her. Thus the beauty of skins.

And remember not to antagonize: if someone is paying your bills, keep them happy: silence is a good way to be unobtrusive: if you have no personality you won't get remembered as easily. I've often though that an unmemorable, unclever moniker is best so that people don't start developing a profile on you (unless you're capable of developing an advantageous online table image). TeddyKGB5793 might be the best sort of alias.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:19 PM

Thanks all of you for the response. After considering everything, I don't think what I've been doing is wrong, but he is getting upset at me and I'm going to stop. While using skins is an option, I think I'll just look him up about once a week or so. I've honestly made enough dough off of him(party NLCash) and he will probably run dry of money sooner or later. Plenty of Partyfish.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:45 PM

How do you utilize this to search for players? I only see the options to add/remove/blosk/unlock/invite. How do you find what table they are at? Thanks for any help!
Old 04-10-2004, 12:50 PM

I think that it's fine to look for particular players that you know are weak. Maybe some descression should be used in how often you do so. If you sit down with one, he leaves, you follow, he leaves again, etc, etc.. that could be considered stalking, and a little suspect. Have a bunch of these fish on your buddy list, that you can 'stalk'. Kind of like a roladex....a Fish-a-dex!
Old 04-10-2004, 01:11 PM

Jim Kuhn,

In your favorite Party skin,
go to the lobby,
go to options,
go to "search for tables"

you may now search for tables of various avg pots, or change tabs to "search for players" and manually type in the player name or select from your buddylist.

That is all.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:13 PM

Thank you very much! I was trying via the 'buddy tab'.