Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2004, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Is the Rock the next....

Actually it is! When I read your post, I immediately turned to the second page of the Tampa Tribune, they always list celebrity birthdays. Sure enough it says, Christoper Walken 61.

Ryan_21
Old 04-01-2004, 03:07 AM

Walking Tall is a remake and based on a true story. I remember watching the original, which I liked. Rocks version should be great. One thing I do not remember, does his character die at the end?
Old 04-01-2004, 09:21 AM

The new Walking Tall starring The Rock is very loosely based on the real life of Sherrif Buford Pusser from Mcnairy County in TN. The original Walking Tall (starring Joe Don Baker, 1973) is much closer to the truth. Buford Pusser died in a car "accident".
Old 04-02-2004, 07:08 PM

I'm a huge WWE fan, and love The Rock's character. But in all honesty, I've never been impressed by any of the movies he's been in. I don't blame him though, turning down $2 million a year in wrestling, where there is a ton of physical wear and tear, versus $10 million per movie, where there is a ton less physical threat, and a lot more fame.

I can't wait to see how he does in his next role in the sequel to Get Shorty. He plays a gay bodyguard for John Travolta.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:28 PM

Does anybody think the Rock's popularity in the WWE has wained since he took these movie roles?

I notice when he returns these days, he doesn't get anywhere near the same pop he used to get in the days when he had major feuds with the likes of Triple H. Do people see him in a different light now, or is it simply that other players have took his place in professional wrestling?

Simon

Happy days, drunken rock bottoms and peoples elbows in the bar...
Old 04-06-2004, 10:44 PM

The Rock came back 2 Mondays before WrestleMania XX and had one of the biggest ovations I've ever seen. The people love him and still consider him one of the top 5 stars in WWE, IMO.

Simon, sorry if this sounds ignorant, but do you guys really get WWE Raw over there in England? I guess that probably does sound ignorant, b/c the stars are always going over sea's to do shows and promotions, silly me [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Ryan_21
Old 04-06-2004, 11:10 PM

We get tapings of both Raw and Smackdown!, Raw is aired on Friday nights, Smackdown! on Saturday nights. We also get all the PPVs, and you dont have to pay extra to view some of them (it is all on satellite television).

I missed the Rock's comeback, I just caught his match at WMXX and thought he didn't get much of a pop.

Out of interest, who is in your top 5?

Simon
Old 04-07-2004, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I missed the Rock's comeback, I just caught his match at WMXX and thought he didn't get much of a pop.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, he didnt. The match at WMXX was bs, and didnt live up to the hype. 2 weeks before was off the chain tho when Rock came back to join Mick Foley and reunite the Rock and Sock connection.

[ QUOTE ]
Out of interest, who is in your top 5?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, MY, top 5 would be:

1. Definately Stone Cold Steve Austin. (F*ck Fear, Drink Beer)
2. HHH The Game. I know he is a bad guy but you gotta respect his career in its entirerty (sp?)
3. Shawn Micheals. Definately a legend.
4. The Rock. He doesnt come around often but is still a major player.
5. I'd like to put Mick Foley here, but since he just recently came back from a 3 1/2 year retirement I'd probably go with, The UnderTaker. He's making a big comeback. Hasnt been on Smackdown since WMXX, but should be showing his face rather soon.

If I wanted to round out MY top 10 it would be:

6. Mick Foley
7. Rick Flair, old as hell, but yes, still wrestles.
8. Chris Benoit. Current Heavyweight Champ.
9. Chris Jericho. Raw is Jericho, seems to be getting a big push recently.
10.Bill Goldberg. Hasnt been on since WMXX also, but should be resurfacing soon and is friggin huge (literly).

Ryan_21

Old 04-07-2004, 02:25 AM

I think that Bill Goldberg may well have followed Brock Lesnar out of the WWE, according to some of the sites I have been reading recently. No great loss in my opinion.

I can't pick a top 5, but I have like Taker and Austin for years, John Cena being my favourite of the newer crop.

Simon
Old 04-07-2004, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
John Cena being my favourite of the newer crop.

[/ QUOTE ]

True dat, Cena is the shiznick right now on Smackdown.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that Bill Goldberg may well have followed Brock Lesnar out of the WWE

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have you heard this and what have you heard? I haven't heard anything. Where could Goldberg possibly have gone? He already tryed his hand in the NFL and failed? honestly curious to the rumors, please enlighten me!

Ryan_21