Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2003, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Online poker demographics

22 year old (to be 23 in 2 weeks) college student, physics major, basically need 1 more class to graduate, play poker to pay for school and live a lavish life for a guy in my position. after graduation i will most likely continue playing poker until it ceases to become profitable, at which point i will attempt to use my degree to either get a job or continue my education. i also want to move to italy for some time within the next few years.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:19 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
has anyone noticed the players usually seem to be a little more competent?

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously don't play on party
Old 12-15-2003, 01:40 PM

40, father of 2, Physics degree (hoping to discuss complex conjugates with Daryn someday), management position in manufacturing.

Up a few $G's playing micro limits. Beats me why I don't try higher limits. Just a tight ass I guess.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:43 PM

26 father of 2. B.S. Mechanical Engineering '99 - still working as an engineer.

Been playing poker since I was 16 while working in a pool hall. Currently three 15/30 games at Party.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:16 PM

30 year old married father of 1 10 year old daughter. no college degree but i do goto the local junior college off and on to pick up computer certifications when my company tells me to which added up over the last 7 years would give me more college hours than most bachelor degree grads. i am a network admin for a very large defense contractor for the us govt. been beating 1/2 at party for about 2 months so i moved up to 2/4 last week full time for the first time and got my first taste of what i would consider good money for a part time job.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:16 PM

You said you think online play is better than live play. Are you playing on Paradise? I hear the games are tougher there. On Party, I see way more action than I ever see in a live game.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:28 PM

10 months ago - no one would have even argued the fact that online play was much tougher than live play. However, with the increase in marketing...the fish joined online play in droves...thus bringing the online game to an equivalent level as that of live play. However, it should probably be expected that these players will get better and the online game will once again be tougher than the live game.

Even at Party!! But if you want softer games...dont play at Paradise.

Bubs
Old 12-15-2003, 02:31 PM

30 yr - Father of 2 sons - as soon as they get this whole potty training thing down - we will quickly begin our hold'em training. I am a CPA and an MBA....However, currently I am an "internet marketer" and poker player full time. Life is sweet - and if I ever have to wear a tie again - I will be highly disappointed and saddened to the point depression.

Bubs
Old 12-15-2003, 03:21 PM

23, math teacher since the beginning of this school year. Started playing holdem while at university.

Peter
Old 12-15-2003, 03:38 PM

52, pre-sales consultant for a major Software Company. Married and divorced a couple of times. 1 grandkid.

Education - Boston University, BA (English &amp; Religion) MBA (Finance).

Spent time riding with a biker club and as a road manager for a rock band.

As the shirt I saw on an old geezer at Foxwoods said: "I've seen it all, I've heard it all, I've done it all. I just can't remember it all." [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, yeah, I've been playing poker for about 35 years. decided to get serious about it about 15 months ago.