Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 06:05 PM

Default I’m Drunk or Implied Odds or The Largest $5/$10 Pot I Ever Won

I don’t have notes on seat 3, but seat 7 is the biggest maniac at $5/$10 currently.
I usually fold this on 3rd in a heartbeat; did I mention I’m drunk? And what about implied odds? I think I played misplayed the river...
Who said stud is dead?
Final pot was $435.50 btw…

Site: PartyPoker
5/10 7 Card Stud -- Hand Converter

Third Street
Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____brings-in_____calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____completes
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____folds

Fourth Street
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____calls_____calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____double bets_____raises____calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____raises_____raises

Fifth Street
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____calls_____calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____bets_____raises_____calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____raises_____raises

Sixth Street
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx _____calls_____calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____bets_____raises_____calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx _____raises_____raises

River
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx _____calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____bets_____calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx _____raises

Results
Seat 3: [ Ac 9d Ad 9s 4s Qs 8s ] [ two pairs, aces
Hero: [ 3d Ts 3h 3c Qh
Seat 7: [ As Jc Ah Tc 6d Qc 5d ] [ a pair of aces --
Old 09-17-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: I’m Drunk or Implied Odds or The Largest $5/$10 Pot I Ever Won

Someone once posted that there is never good enough odds, implied or otherwise, to call with the kind of hand where one is pretty much forced to fold fourth if you don't hit trips- esp low pairs without a suited or connected third card- this seems like that kind of hand.

But...

I think there might be a set of mitigating factors that make that call profitable long-term: you're the BI and i love it when i hit trips and nobody believes it; the raiser's doorcard is dead (incresing the chance of two low pairs winning it); and there is a mainiac in the hand. Given all of those conditions, this easy fold becomes a marginal call, i guess, assuming that you think you can outplay those opponents.

but i probably still fold it to the completion, mostly because there is a 5:2 ratio between the BI and the completion- i'd call at 2/4, where that ratio is 2:1. do you think that would make enough of a difference? i'm gonna make a post about that...

nh, though... check-call the river, imo.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who said stud is dead?

[/ QUOTE ]
Roland and I have been at the tables together most of the day. 5/10 is jumping guys!!
Old 09-17-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you think that would make enough of a difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who ares? I’m drunk…
Old 09-17-2005, 06:36 PM

Roland's on frugs
Old 09-17-2005, 08:43 PM

"Who ares? I’m drunk…"

...i see.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:48 PM

It's fun when a bunch of drunk people all play poker together...
Old 09-17-2005, 10:40 PM

NH but more importantly - Is it true germans drink warm beer?
Old 09-17-2005, 11:14 PM

'ontly if I' m drunk,

I'm drunk.

Mikr Emery sucks at dunking.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:43 PM

No. Germans drink their beer cold. In fact, they serve their beer in very small glasses so that it doesn't get warm before you finish it. The servers have to make a lot of trips.

The English, on the other hand, serve their beer at cellar temperature, which while not warm, is a lot warmer than Americans are accustomed to.

I keep my beer in the fridge (well, there isn't enough room for all of it just now), but I have found that there are some beers, especially winter-type brews, whose flavor improves dramatically if I let them warm up a bit.

The call on third is debatable, but I usually make it. Hard to argue with the results.