Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: KKKK hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In BB I get KKKK.

3 limpers and a minraise, I call on the chance that I can lose all my money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've corrected your post for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i would fold this hand with a free look from the BB.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:30 PM

He happened to find a situation where holding all the Ks made a difference as far as hand analysis, but I don't think this will often be the case so I'm not gonna call just hoping I can find a good bluff spot. Change it to AAAA and start the bluffing by potting it PF. Now that has a high pretty probability of working for rather obvious reasons.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:06 PM

WTF?

I'm not advocating this hand as a good one. I made a play. Would you never make a cold bluff, or call a min raise to enter a pot on the prospect of making one?

Its rare that I would try and do something like this, once in while. But notice that excellent conditions for a cold bluff exist here, since the table was 1) weak tight 2) I had a good image, 3) the stacks were deep enough, and 4) my hand has a good chance of having the nut card in it.

A play like this is profitable in a few ways. First, you can win some nice pots like this. Second, if you lose and show down such a hand, there are metagame benefits - you will get called more often, which can be a great thing when you are aware of it.

I think my play here has a lot more thought behind it than your flip response.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF?

I'm not advocating this hand as a good one. I made a play. Would you never make a cold bluff, or call a min raise to enter a pot on the prospect of making one?

Its rare that I would try and do something like this, once in while. But notice that excellent conditions for a cold bluff exist here, since the table was 1) weak tight 2) I had a good image, 3) the stacks were deep enough, and 4) my hand has a good chance of having the nut card in it.

A play like this is profitable in a few ways. First, you can win some nice pots like this. Second, if you lose and show down such a hand, there are metagame benefits - you will get called more often, which can be a great thing when you are aware of it.

I think my play here has a lot more thought behind it than your flip response.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I make a bluff, it atleast has some chance of winning anyway. Your bluff started preflop, kept going on the flop, kept going on the turn and kept going on the river.
If i'm going to bluff, it's going to be with cards, that even if I get called can still win the pot anyway.
I would never call preflop with cards purely with the intention of bluffing, why not just play every single hand if you intend to do this?
You still win all the big pots by actually having good cards and getting called. Bluffing at pots does not win you almost nearly enough, so work on playing good cards.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I make a bluff, it atleast has some chance of winning anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If i'm going to bluff, it's going to be with cards, that even if I get called can still win the pot anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you never bluff the river? You only semi-bluff?

And you think that is the most profitable way to play? That no cold bluff can ever be +EV?
Old 08-16-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I make a bluff

If i'm going to bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

According to your web site, you play PLO 50 tables ...

Two things ...

1) How do you bluff at a PLO 50 table when top pair calls down to the river?

2) Move up to the big boy tables or tone down the arrogance in your posts.

Hey Tilt ... nh.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I make a bluff, it atleast has some chance of winning anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you never bluff the river? You only semi-bluff?

And you think that is the most profitable way to play? That no cold bluff can ever be +EV?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't call preflop with the sole intention of bluffing the river to try and win the pot, which you did.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I make a bluff

If i'm going to bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

According to your web site, you play PLO 50 tables ...

Two things ...

1) How do you bluff at a PLO 50 table when top pair calls down to the river?

2) Move up to the big boy tables or tone down the arrogance in your posts.

Hey Tilt ... nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't believe everything you read. I play $400 tables usually, which you would see if you looked at my pokerhand list http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...&user=Ribs
For the sake of writing my book and research I play all manner of table limits. Also if you read my live journal you would see what I'm playing: http://www.livejournal.com/users/ribmeister/

Apology accepted.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:16 PM

When you play certain people, they will hardly ever call your riverbet on a 3-flush or str8board without the nuts. I think that MIGHT make this KKKK-hand a profitable one to bluff with, with the only intension of bluffing, yes.

Also, if you combine this hand with your KKQJ/KQJT/etc-play, then I really think there's no question about it.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I never show. I like it when they fold more than they should. I dont want to encourage callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[If your bluff is shown] there are metagame benefits - you will get called more often, which can be a great thing when you are aware of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Inconsistent much?