Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2005, 05:24 AM

Default South Park blasting Scientology

Anyone see it? You never hear showbiz folks blasting Scientology. I hear people are really scared to do it if they want to have a career in the biz. Growing up there was a guy who came to stay at our house for a weekend. Supposedly he was on the boat with L. Ron when Mr. Hubbard was trying to avoid prosecution for tax evasion. The guy had become disillusioned with Scientology and was hiding from them. My former work place somehow got involved with the branch of Scientology that attempts to reach addicts and criminals. I sat through a week of their training. It was really vanilla, non-dogma stuff. It was a bad match because most people at my work have master's degrees. We all thought it was really simple, basic ideas that they had translated into their own language. It was just ideas that might be interesting if you'd never heard them before, but you could tell it was aimed to hook the uneducated and make it seem like they were ideas orignated with Scientology. Needless to say, I'm facinated with secret societies and organizations that keep a tight lid on things. Anyone else?