Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 06:13 PM

Default To Dataminer: How do you organize your database?

My database is just a little bit over 300,000 hands. Yesterday after an overnight datamine it starts to get some error and can't input hands history anymore. My database is still in ACCESS mode, about 2G. Weird isn't it? I read somewhere else that 2G database should contain 400,000 hands. Anyways, the limit is approaching. I tried to convert it to SQL format but it failed due to some error.

My question is, how to manage your database? I understand that even if you convert the format to SQL format eventually you will need to start a new one because of the speed problem. If I start seperate database, should I seperate them by the limit or just automatically open a new one after reaching the limit? How does that affect the efficiency of the HUD like PokerAce?

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: To Dataminer: How do you organize your database?

[ QUOTE ]
My database is just a little bit over 300,000 hands. Yesterday after an overnight datamine it starts to get some error and can't input hands history anymore. My database is still in ACCESS mode, about 2G. Weird isn't it? I read somewhere else that 2G database should contain 400,000 hands. Anyways, the limit is approaching. I tried to convert it to SQL format but it failed due to some error.

My question is, how to manage your database? I understand that even if you convert the format to SQL format eventually you will need to start a new one because of the speed problem. If I start seperate database, should I seperate them by the limit or just automatically open a new one after reaching the limit? How does that affect the efficiency of the HUD like PokerAce?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was running multiple access Db's I was having performance issues with PAHUD.

So I put them all into 1 SQL DB with prob 1.5 Mill hands and it runs fine now.

U def need to convert to SQL then u can pretty much keep 1 DB per limit and just keep a seperate playing DB.