Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 05:24 PM

Default One of those days (rant and a few hands)

Probably the ugliest on record for me. 3.5 buyins down after 450 hands and the dogs have been giving me hell. I let them out at 8pm, go upstairs, go downstairs at 8.05pm and what do I find? It's brown, and it smells. 8.45pm and one of those mutts has ripped a box open and there's whiskey everywhere. I might start drinking.

I'll open up with a little A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the sb. 1 limper to and I raise to $1 for the hell of it (that's 4bb and I'm trying to mix it up instead of only raising AA,KK,QQ out of the blinds.

Lovely jubbly, flop is 2TT and I give it some weakness with a little check. BB bites with a $3 bet and then the limper calls $3. Up to me, and I raise to $10 hoping to get the bb allin for his last $6, he oblidges and calls then the limper folds.

He's QQ and i'm home and dry until the bastard rivers a lady. I'm cool, composed. Onto the next hand.

It's a [censored] grind from thereon, I'm bleeding chips from places known not. One of those slow deaths where every stack you have gets smaller and smaller and the number of times you hit cashier is more than the number of pots you've won.

I take a break and come back later for some action. Pick up J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the sb, there's a limper, and Solvarg bets $1, folded to me and I call then the other guy folds.

Flop ($3) comes down 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I bet $1.50 to find where I'm at, with me checking his almost certain bet will put me in a difficult spot. He calls and the turn is the..........

J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Ok I've got him by the balls hopefully. I've $20 and bet half the pot, greeted by a raise to $8 and this is where I simply can't find a fold. I've a set, they are good, and I've not had the best of days, got to capitalise. Have it you semi-bluffer, Harmonica reraises you to $18 and is all-in. He calls. Oh please not AQ.

AQ he wins.

I'll live.

Soldiering on for a few more minutes and it's K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] utg in a 5 handed game. I give it a call, 3 callers, blind (only the one) checks and we all see

5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and it's checked to me with $1.10 in the pot, I bet $1.20 and two callers behind. I'm a bit concerned with a flush, straight or two pair. Then the turn makes me smile as it's the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Someone could have a jack, so I bet out $4 with $16 left and I'm raised to $10 by the cutoff. This could be AJ, or QQ, or KJ. QJ? TT! No, he's semibluffing again. I'm allin for my last $16. Call. AJ. Argh! I need whiskey.

I haven't had to put up with much of this crap so far, managed to avoid most of the beats. Apart from the 1 outer, that was funny.

What can I do? I'm going broke 3 times?

And if anyone would approve of me sweating them for an hour or two a day I'd appreciate it. Or they could sweat me. Don't ask for money, the knowledge you'll gain seeing me in action is worth much more than I could pay you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Because I don't think I know how to play this game. I think I do sometimes, I open up PT and congratulate myself on my healthy ptbb/100, but that's because I'm playing against idiots with only a marginally better skill level. When it comes down to tricky decisions I'm up [censored] creek in a leaky canoe.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: One of those days (rant and a few hands)

I would fold the last hand. The others seemed fine.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:34 PM

3.5 buyins over 450 hands?

pssh.. i dropped 4 buyins in less time last friday after getting waaaay too aggro after a night of drinking.

you'll be fine, just get the confidence back.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3.5 buyins over 450 hands?

pssh.. i dropped 4 buyins in less time last friday after getting waaaay too aggro after a night of drinking.

you'll be fine, just get the confidence back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I am down 4 buy ins today after about two hours. It happens, just keep playing.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm bleeding chips from places known not. One of those slow deaths where every stack you have gets smaller and smaller and the number of times you hit cashier is more than the number of pots you've won.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm feeling your pain. Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug. Feeling buggy myself today over 500 hands. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Had to split 3 pots when all my chips were in. Its a great game, huh? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]