Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 11:29 PM

Default is Chau Giang weak/tight?

I haven't seen him play more than the pretty terrible Poker Superstars II. Is that indicative of how he plays? I would guess not, that it is just the nature of the big blind tourney. Can someone give me a scouting report on him?
Old 10-21-2005, 11:41 PM

Default Re: is Chau Giang weak/tight?

Some donk who thinks he knows how people play
Old 10-21-2005, 11:42 PM

He is a top cash game player. He may not be used to the huge blinds turbo SNG format of PS2. Also in the 2nd round there is strategy about taking certain places to have enough points to move up. This may have effected some of his plays.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:12 AM

Chau Giang weak/tight... hahaha

not that I would know from experience, but considering from everything I have heard that he is very aggressive, and the only LAGGIER player in the big game is phil ivey. I remember one episode in the 1st stage he was close to the cutoff for round 2, so he was bitching about all the starting hands he had to fold.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:47 AM

weak/tight is the last way I'd ever think of describing Chau. Everything I've seen of him outside of the FSN program has been hyper aggressive.

I do agree with Greenstein, if the guy were more articulate, ESPN would've jumped on his jock and we'd all know about him far more than a lot of lesser pros. Wonderful aggressive player.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I do agree with Greenstein, if the guy were more articulate, ESPN would've jumped on his jock and we'd all know about him far more than a lot of lesser pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean saying "I love [to] play pokah. Play[ing] poka [is] nice.", while rubbing his torso isn't being articulate?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 02:40 PM

Why do you need a scouting report? Are you planning on joining in the big game? Are you on Larry Flynt's private jet with the rest of the gang?
Old 10-24-2005, 02:59 PM

I was looking at that link and I couldn't help laugh at:

"I first played with Phil in a no-limit side game in Los Angeles in 1992. I didn’t pay attention to tournament poker back then, but I had heard that he was a cocky kid who had won a big tournament. He was playing fast and loose and showing his hands and needling people whenever he outplayed them. Well, I was pretty cocky too. Phil opened for a raise, I reraised and Phil called. After the flop, I bet, Phil raised and I reraised him all-in. He thought for a while, showed me top pair and then folded. I showed him Deuce-Three offsuit which bore no relation to the flop.

Phil stood up and said, “Nice play buddy, but that’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done. Do you realize that giving me that kind of information is going to cost you all of your money? It’s because of players like you that I make millions of dollars a year playing poker.”"

Good old Phil [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 03:12 PM

well, he hurt himself trying to do a bench press and i hear his ass puckers up so tight he leaves a trail of diamonds as he walks down the strip rubbing his nipples.

So yeah, he's weak/tight, but he love pokah.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I first started playing with Chau, I talked to him about the hands in Vietnamese. I know all of the cards, numbers, and poker terms in Vietnamese but, overall, the number of words in my vocabulary is about the same as a five-year old’s. Also, I have trouble understanding the language when it is spoken at the pace of a native speaker. For the next couple of sessions I nodded as Chau talked to me in Vietnamese. He got frustrated one time when he was telling me that in Vegas, the low hand acts first in Seven-card stud-hi/lo with no qualifier. They had added the game to the mix of games and as an out-of-towner, this was the first time I played it with them. Apparently, I had bet out of turn.

My girlfriend walked up and said to Chau, "He doesn’t understand you".

Chau replied, "I’ve been talking to him in Vietnamese for three days".

She said, “He’s a good listener".

[/ QUOTE ]

from barry g's site