Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Corey from Shooting Star

Hello everyone. This is my first time on this site. I usually post on pocketfives. I have read all the interesting comments that were made in reference to me over the past couple of days. It is interesting to read everyone's take on my play as well as my "tells". I will not try to discredit other opinions but I feel I should at least say a word or two.

First of all, I was in NO WAY trying to be like Gus Hansen. I respect Gus as much as anyone(and by the way he is a very nice guy) and would never embarrass him by trying to mimic him. I was just utiliizing a different strategy than the statue. You say I was giving away tells. However, most of the hands were not televised. The final table lasted five hours. I was there for four. I did the same thing on every hand whether I was holding AA or 23. Point is, by me doing that, I was actually hiding any tells. This strategy worked very well for me for teh last three days of the tourny. I was able to make "play" after "play" because no one could get a read on me.

As far as me "never making a final table again", while that may be true, I think it should be known that I have had a great amount of success playing online poker. I am currently teh 49th ranked online player accourding to pocketfives.com. You can find me playing just about all of the large buy in tournaments under the handle "muchaka". I have made teh final talbe of every 100K or better guaranteed except for paradise which i don't play in. I won my seat to the Main Event and will be there as well.

Anyway, just thought I should put my input in. Good luck to everybody.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Corey from Shooting Star

I was of the opinion that you were masking tells with the twitching and such as well. Harrington speaks of this in Harrington on Hold Em'. How you are either really quiet or twitching and moving all over the place...

I don't think your style was too bad...
Old 06-11-2005, 02:03 PM

I think the people making fun of you are just jealous because they'll never final table a WPT tourney, but that's just my opinion.

I thought you played well, especially in that hand against Martens to take the chip lead. One unlucky hand against Shandor, and that brutal crap by Danny.. 4/7.. geesh.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:47 PM

were you the guy that kept saying "I'm going to call." and stuff like that? i cant remember

oh nevermind, i just checked the wpt site.

i thought you played fine, except for one pot where you were looked like fillmaff "ohhh boy, thats such a bad card.. gee uhm... all in"
Old 06-11-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the people making fun of you are just jealous because they'll never final table a WPT tourney, but that's just my opinion.

I thought you played well, especially in that hand against Martens to take the chip lead. One unlucky hand against Shandor, and that brutal crap by Danny.. 4/7.. geesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're saying that no wtp finalist would make fun of how annoying this guy was. how would you like it if everytime you bet into a certain player and he starts twitching and moaning for minutes after minutes w/ 3 high. if you wanna kiss someone's ass, that's your business but try not flame the rest of the forum in your pursuit.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:48 PM

Hey Corey,

I didn't watch the episode so I don't have any idea of what you're talking about, but you can take my advice when I say that 80% of the posters in the WPT forum are idiots. With success comes haters.

Do post on this site, because it is rare to find a poster who has experienced success behind a computer AND in front of a TV camera, and they are valuable members on any forum.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:53 PM

Congrats on your result. I thought you played really well.

Most people on the WPT forum are pretty young and immature. That being said, these forums are a goldmine of information.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:59 PM

Good job with your win, though I found you annoying as hell honestly. You had one obvious tell and that was looking dissapointed right before going all-in.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Corey from Shooting Star *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dynasty
Old 06-11-2005, 07:25 PM

Thanks for all the info about this thread topic. I will be sure to check out the other topics before coming to a conclusion about this forum. As far as the pocket fives thread goes...I did not intend it to become a 2+2 basing. I apologize.