Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 07:15 PM

Default final table of Bodog 100K. Good reraise?

7 handed at the final table. I'm 5th in chips but stacks are pretty flat.

Blinds are 3K/6K

First two fold. Next player raises to 18K. I'm in the CO and reraise all-in with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Good play?

-Scott
Old 06-05-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: final table of Bodog 100K. Good reraise

I don't mind it personally, the raiser needs something real big to call (he would be all-in) and you have represented either a big pair or big ace with the reraise so the only hands that will be calling here are AA-QQ and maybe JJ which would be slightly donkish, as well as AK-AQ or AQs. Unfortunately rather than taking the 18K and blinds you got caught in front of AA. Tough break, I like the play though. Another safer option that may be considered though is a stop and go on a safe flop. The one problem that this creates is that the villian may be pushing on any flop in front of you, although in this case it just would have allowed the button to push over you and allow you to fold it up. Tough one, in retrospect I don't mind it though.
-Ramble Over-
~Justin
Old 06-05-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Stacks:

SB has 115K
BB has 31.9K
Raiser had 73K before his raise
I had 70.8K
Button has 88K
Old 06-05-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Stacks:

I like the push if he has been stealing liberally preflop in these kinds of situations. The only problem is you are giving him almost 2:1 on his call, and if he is playing solid you are in trouble.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:32 PM

From watching the final table I think it was a steal. Although he hadnt really been heard from in a while he was getting into a position where it was 'his turn' to attempt a steal. I would bet dollars to donuts it was a mid to low PP or marginal broadway hand.

~Justin
Old 06-05-2005, 07:35 PM

I agree and probably would have pushed in this situation as well barring any reads that he was really playing tight, but this should be no surprise if you look at my recent thread. I hate to hijack the thread but I was wondering if you or Sobe could provide any imput on my bubble bustout hand from this same tournament? I'm sure 7th feels better than 55th, congrats.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Shameless bump

Hoping to get more opinions on this play.

Thanks

-Scott
Old 06-06-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: final table of Bodog 100K. Good reraise?

Barring a read that he's a tight player I like the push. You've got enough folding equity and a pretty good hand.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:27 PM

[quote Another safer option that may be considered though is a stop and go on a safe flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't stop and go, and a "safe" flop is not a requirement of a stop and go. For a stop and go, we have to act first and push any flop. If what you're proposing is just calling and seeing a flop, I think it's an okay play. My gut feeling is it's better to push, but calling doesn't seem horrible. The only problem is if somebody pushes after you but in that case I'd probably give them credit for a strong hand and they would likely have called our push.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have represented either a big pair or big ace with the reraise so the only hands that will be calling here are AA-QQ and maybe JJ which would be slightly donkish, as well as AK-AQ or AQs.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you ever played online poker? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]