Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Bellagio LIVE 10/20 NL AQ hand

I played this hand at the Bellagio and was wondering whether I made the right play.
I had only played about 20 hands so far and most of the players seemed pretty solid. Allen Cunningham was to my left and Bill Gazes was on the opposite corner, so it wasn't such an easy game. Anyways on to the hand...
I have a $4,000 stack and the game is 10/20 NL
I was in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG2 an old man who I haven't seen play many hands raises to 120(the standard raise so far as I have seen)
MP1 calls right behind him and he's been at the table, but I hadn't really payed attention to him.
Gazes calls as well as a late limper.
SB folds.
I called.
there is 610 in the pot right now.
The flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I checked (comments?)
The old man bets out 600. with about the same stack as I have.
MP1 calls with about 2800 behind.
Gazes folds as does the late limper.
So it was onto me and my thought process was basically that the Old man probably had something like KK. I didn't think he could have had QQ since I had a Q and he probably didn't have 66 or 22 raising from early position in this full ring game. He could have had AA, but I had an A so I thought that was unlikely. He could have flopped a flush, but he would have had to raise KJc or KTc in early position, which I thought was possible but unlikely. He could definitely have had KQ with the King of clubs also. So that was my range. MP1 I thought could have had something like QK with the King of clubs or QJ with the Jack of clubs. I thought he would reraise a set or a flopped flush in that spot being that the pot was a decent size. I decided that a checkraise all in could get someone to fold maybe even a set, although that hand was unlikely. I don't know if KK with the King of clubs could call either being that I could have flopped a flush or have a set. AA probably can't call either with a checkraise of 3300 or so on top Even if I did get called I had outs to the nutflush and an over to KK. Also, I had not played a hand since I sat down so my table image was pretty tight. I decided to checkraise all in.
Comments?
I will provide the results later.
PS this is my first post in 2+2 so I'd appreciate your support haha
Old 12-15-2005, 04:30 AM

Default Re: Bellagio LIVE 10/20 NL AQ hand

so u reraise to $4000 in a 1800 pot. Did villian call w KcKx? or was it MP1 with a set of 6s?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 10/20 NL

can't really hope for much else, any club kills your action, KK has a tough time calling, so does AA. Sucks if someone flopped it or has a set. The only alternative would have been to fold preflop.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 10/20 NL

pretty standard. but because it's so standard, it may get you looked up a bit more than you might like.

just would also add that the caller in between could easily have a set. you seem to dismiss this.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:35 AM

Ummm I thought that since my raise was so large, it would make it an even tougher call if they were drawing with a set. Old man river called my all in as did MP1 and I was so shocked. Old man had 22 and MP1 had Q6. BUT the turn and river were two red aces so I made the nut full. I?am still thinking about that hand. Was my logic correct? Is there something I was missing?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:37 AM

I really thought a set would have raised here if MP1 had one?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:39 AM

lol old man river shows you 222. gotta watch out for those senior citizens. They'll [censored] you up. good read.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:41 AM

sets are often played slower on 3 flush flops like this one when money is deeper. guys either want to see a board pairing turn, or a non-club turn before committing.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:55 AM

btw, this sounds like the best bellagio 10/20 table of all time. that game usually sucks.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Allen Cunningham was to my left and Bill Gazes was on the opposite corner

[/ QUOTE ]

neither of these guys ever play in that game.