Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 10-29-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Official word on Party SnG with VIP

I emailed the VIP once i got off the phone about sitngoes, and the same guy called me about 5 minutes later and told me the situation with how 22s= 2 raked hands. He said the system wasn't fully implimented and thats basically all they could offer. Personally my MGR is about 800-1000 a month, but they wouldn't change anything
Old 10-29-2005, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It helps if you read my posts. "I think the majority of the serious posters in the STT-forum do."

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise... care to put a number on "the majority of serious 2+2 posters in the STT-forum" ??

(whatever that nummber is btw, its likely that not all of them are playing on party)

[/ QUOTE ]

In absolute terms? Don't be absurd. I can't know that, just as you have zero clue about the number of limit and NL players that pay four or five figures of rake. So if you want me to guess at an absolute number that you can then compare with your guessed absolute number for cashgames, it wont happen.

I have given you realistic estimates of what a SnG 8-tabler pays in rake/h. Compare that to 8-tabling NL and limit players. It's not rocket science.

Are you going to introduce some silly theory that SnG players don't have the stamina of cashgame players and thus play inferior number of hours?
Old 10-30-2005, 12:21 AM

I pay at least $3000 a month in rake for sng's 8 tabling. Sometimes $4000. Not to mention I am also slumming the $22s right now for a while. Once I jump back to the $55's it will be close to $8000 a month in rake.

Is that serious enough?
Old 10-30-2005, 12:24 AM

Well thats funny because I am getting 6 points for each sng I play right now when I am clearing this bonus they gave me for Oct.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, that makes *1*... still trying to figure out how many people you think are in this category?

[/ QUOTE ]
Party makes around $180 an hour off of me 8 (sometimes 10) tabling the $215s. The $215s are crammed with other 8 tablers who party is making a lot of rake off of.

FWIW, in the past 5 months I've played 4006 tourneys with an average time fo 41 minutes. If you run SNGs continuously you can fit a lot of these in in an hour.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:10 AM

I four table the 109s and 215s. I give Party Poker between 4-6K a month in rake. And a lot of 215 2+2ers give them a lot more than I do.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if a tourny is 100+9, then it counts as 9 raked hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think i see the problem here on party's end and it may help clear some of the argument with ring vs s&g rake.

In a ring game when you are asked to clear 1000 raked hands, they are NOT contributed raked hands so in theory you get credit for someone elses raked hand. Sit there folding and never playing and you collect raked hands.

Taking that thought, the s&g player should be getting credit for the rake paid by other players at the same s&g. So a person in a $100 + $9 should not get credit for 9 raked hands but instead should get it for 9 X 10 players = 90 raked hands.

Party is of course to greedy/stupid to see it this way.

rJ
Old 10-30-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In absolute terms? Don't be absurd. I can't know that

[/ QUOTE ]

Freudian... I'm asking you for your thoughts... what you think... I'll try again with the original questions (emphasis added)...

1. How many "low limit SNG players" do you think pay over $1,000+/month in rake?

2. How many "high limit players" do you think pay over $10,000+/month in rake?

3. How many 2+2 SNGers do you think play more than 1,000 SNG/month at Party?

[ QUOTE ]
, just as you have zero clue about the number of limit and NL players that pay four or five figures of rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't make assumptions about what I do or do not know!!

[ QUOTE ]
So if you want me to guess at an absolute number that you can then compare with your guessed absolute number for cashgames, it wont happen.... Are you going to introduce some silly theory that SnG players don't have the stamina of cashgame players and thus play inferior number of hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please.. Please... Please... show me one place in any of my posts in this thread, where I have made any comparison between ring game and SNG players???... I'm simply asking for your opinion... and considering the way you've responded, its no wonder that Party is taking their time to do anything special for you!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2005, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In absolute terms? Don't be absurd. I can't know that

[/ QUOTE ]

Freudian... I'm asking you for your thoughts... what you think... I'll try again with the original questions (emphasis added)...

1. How many "low limit SNG players" do you think pay over $1,000+/month in rake?

2. How many "high limit players" do you think pay over $10,000+/month in rake?

3. How many 2+2 SNGers do you think play more than 1,000 SNG/month at Party?

[ QUOTE ]
, just as you have zero clue about the number of limit and NL players that pay four or five figures of rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't make assumptions about what I do or do not know!!

[ QUOTE ]
So if you want me to guess at an absolute number that you can then compare with your guessed absolute number for cashgames, it wont happen.... Are you going to introduce some silly theory that SnG players don't have the stamina of cashgame players and thus play inferior number of hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please.. Please... Please... show me one place in any of my posts in this thread, where I have made any comparison between ring game and SNG players???... I'm simply asking for your opinion... and considering the way you've responded, its no wonder that Party is taking their time to do anything special for you!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are asking me to guess something I can't know. Either you are thick or you are trolling here. I don't particularly care which.

I guess... ONE MILLION. Now compare that juicy number with your juicy guessed number for NL and limit. Have fun.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are asking me to guess something I can't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since Freudian obviously knows nothing about his competition (which puts his claims to being one of them, seriously in doubt) , I'm open to thoughts from anyone else on roughly how many high-volume SNG "regulars" it seems there are?