Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: RESULTS and my surprised comments.

Check raising is a lot better then betting but IMHO is not as good as check calling...I hate calling his 3bet and i feel that i must showdown this hand in any case.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this figure comes from every single limit at pokerroom over millions upon millions of hands where any player got T8s where there were 10 people dealt cards.

this includes times its folded to the button and is now HU.

this includes times where everybody limps and sb completes.

this includes times its raised UTG and a bad player calls 1.5 or so sbs cold in the sb.

it inlcludes the times its raised, 3 bet and then capped and the bad player calls all bets cold 4 handed in teh sb w/ T8s.

it includes everything.

my situation was a fish limped. another fish raised the first fish. their hand ranges are extremely large here. T8s is a large favorite vs. their ranges and postflop ability.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
T8 s -0.13 -0.16 -0.02 -0.07 0.02 0.01 0.04 0.03 0.06 0.08

[/ QUOTE ]

So from your logic I would my choice is to reraise or fold If I was on button because it averges .08. I am not sure if the pokerroom average is good to analize this situation.

other hands in the sb: Q4s -.19, JTo -.2, 97o -.22, Also in the BB no hand makes less than -.50 should you call evey raise in the BB.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: close (meaningless?) river decision...

48/7/.68 limps MP 39/20/1.2

can we get a breakdown of these #'s, it seems like many of us dont fully understand them
Old 08-21-2005, 02:10 PM

Havne'y read what people wrote, but I don't agree at all with what you say everyone else thinks.

1) I'm not even thinking about folding preflop.
2) I think the river is a clear bet. IMO betting is FAR superior to c/r'ing or cc'ing. I do not agree that cr'ing is a close second though. I think you wiff on it too much (by either checking behind or not getting called)
Old 08-21-2005, 02:21 PM

I think you overrate the chances of wiffing on the CR when you dealing with 55\20 or whatever it was LAGs...
Old 08-21-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the river choice imo is between betting and c'ring.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm struggling to see any merit to a c/r. He'd have to be a lot worse than his stats indiciate to call the river raise with anything that doesn't beat your hand. I just don't see the 2nd bet being +EV if you put it in first.

Now, if you bet, and he raises, calling that 2nd bet might be +EV if he's capable of bluff raising. But you said he was a 1.2 right? thats not exactly maniacal. FWIW, I don't think he ever folds a better hand to a c/r.

lf
Old 08-21-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
48/7/.68 limps MP 39/20/1.2

can we get a breakdown of these #'s, it seems like many of us dont fully understand them

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at Gabe's response, he sums it up pretty well.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:36 PM

Barron, the read you're giving us on the CO in your replies contradicts the stats you gave in the original post. As Gabe posted, he looks loose-aggressive preflop, but only moderately aggressive postflop from his stats.

This is a good post though, I wouldn't have thought of CR'ing in this situation, but I do see that it has merit.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: public apology...

[ QUOTE ]
i just recieved a very good, well worded and intelligent PM from nightwish.

id like to take this time to publicly apologize to him for the poor show ive displayed in this thread.

sorry, and i'll make an effort to make sure it wont happen again.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. Apology accepted.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: player descriptions...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the villians are both very loose and very agressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't 48/7/.68 very loose and somewhat passive preflop, and very passive post flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sort of. You're right about the preflop, but the problem is that the postflop AF cannot be viewed independently of the preflop numbers.

Let me give you an example. Let's say you have someone with 15/7/0.68 stats. I'm assuming we'd all agree he's weak-tight because his range of starting hands is fairly small (that's OK) but he fails to extract money postflop when he has the best hand (which will be pretty often because he's usually coming in with the best hand).

Now compare him to someone with 48/7/0.68 stats. He's just as likely to bet, raise, whatever postflop as the weak-tight guy. But unlike the weak-tight guy, this loose guy is playing almost half of his hands. So he's far more likely to be betting and raising with weak hands or total garbage than the weak-tight guy.

The end result is that the 48/7/0.68 is actually loose aggressive, both pre and post flop.