Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: *Official* WPT Borgata Poker Open thread

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, anybody noticed the guy who gave him a tight hug and a big kiss on the neck after he won? Just wondering.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that was his brother.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:45 PM

My little bro used to play Magic tour events back in the day with him, he's a good enough guy. Hats off to David Williams for a well-played tourney.

Congrats to Dan for a nice win as well.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: ON the DN slow roll

Thanks for enlightening me.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm gonna start slowrolling on purpose now that i know it bothers so many people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:52 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
i'm gonna start slowrolling on purpose now that i know it bothers so many people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty. it will probably earn me a lot more cash when all the retards go on tilt. hey maybe some guy will even assault me and i can cash in that way!
Old 03-17-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty. it will probably earn me a lot more cash when all the retards go on tilt. hey maybe some guy will even assault me and i can cash in that way!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

That won't be me.

Look, it wasn't my intention to get into an argument with people about this. Although I should have known better.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that slowrolling is one of the most disrespectful things you can do at the table. I won't budge on that issue.

If people want to argue that DN wasn't slowrolling, that's fine.
But saying slowrolling isn't bad is just stupid.

And I say that with the utmost respect, daryn. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: ON the DN slow roll

Your welcome. Just don't let your newfound poker terminology knowledge go to your head.

And get it right next time

Peace

Goodie
Old 03-17-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Ariehs on tilt after daniel showed the Qd

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason Arieh just didn't put his soul into the final table, he was just having fun. The last hand where he raised a pot-commited Daniel all in was just horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he was "just having fun." I think he was "just playing bad."

He certainly didn't seem carefree in his exit interview. He was really pissed at himself.

I'll tell you, the bluff that took him out was one of the worst plays I've seen in these things.

I think he has leaks, plain and simple.

Even though I am not a fan, I actually felt sorry for him, because he was clearly outclassed and really looked like a child trying to use the grown up silverware at the dinner table. Maybe it was the editing, but it was a very poor performance, and he seemed to be aware of how poorly he played.

We've all been there, of course.

The poor playing part, I mean. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. That is so uncalled for. I honestly thought Josh played fairly well up to that hand. Lets not jump to conclusions based on one hand. I thought his call against Phil Ivey was a great one because he figures to have a coin-flip chance and how often do you get such a great chance to knock out Phil. Phil would have easily been the most dangerous opponent there if he accumulated some more chips.

Second, how about Josh losing the minimum possible when David flopped two pair with his A-7 and Josh flopped top pair with his A-J. Josh could have been slowplaying it until the river to come back with a big raise but that 7 on the river was a scare card of sorts.

Thirdly, he made a great laydown with his pocket fives against Daniel's pocket queens. Reminds me of the hand from last year's WSOP where Arieh laid down his made flush because the river card paired the board and he instantly had John Murphy on a made full house. So, it's only fair to mention some of his great laydowns and not just one bad play. Don't get me wrong, I felt he really misplayed the hand as well but that's no-limit for you, one mistake and you're done.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:08 PM

But saying slowrolling isn't bad is just stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

i still say it. getting mad at a slowroll is stupid, that's that. don't worry, lots of people get upset at stupid things.

just like how people get upset at "hit n runs" like if you're sitting at a table yourself, some clown comes and sits with you, wins a few hand and leaves. people get so upset over that!! another stupid thing.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i still say it. getting mad at a slowroll is stupid, that's that. don't worry, lots of people get upset at stupid things.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a fair statement, but understand that I wouldn't let a slowroll at the table affect my play or anything like that. I wouldn't get upset enough to even say anything to the guy. I would just silently think he was kind of a jerk.

[ QUOTE ]
just like how people get upset at "hit n runs" like if you're sitting at a table yourself, some clown comes and sits with you, wins a few hand and leaves. people get so upset over that!! another stupid thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think that's stupid, and have never gotten even slightly irked about it when it happens.