Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Last night, at the $1/2 NL game at the MGM Grand, I played poker with a true maniac.

This maniac sat down, and bought in for $200 (the table max). He played three hands. He went all-in on each one, and never looked at his cards. Net result? Down $200 in less than two minutes.

The maniac gets up, and promises to return to the table. Sure enough (and to the great delight of players at the table), 15 minutes later, he was back, with another $200 in cash.

This time, the maniac only played two hands. He went all-in on both hands, without looking at his cards. Net result? Down another $200 in less than two minutes.

And, who was saying the $1/2 NL games are too tight?
Old 06-11-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Not quite as grand as your no-limit, but I was at a $3/$6 at the Mirage, and we were joined by a guy who claimed to be waiting for the 20/40, and two racks of checks to prove it. He proceeded to raise every street of every hand for the next 15 minutes, winning a few, but mostly spewing chips across the table...it was weird.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:51 PM

Been there, done that. Read this classic thread . The highlight is Mosh's outline for the new book - "Stupid Poker for Advanced Players".

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Been there, done that. Read this classic thread . The highlight is Mosh's outline for the new book - "Stupid Poker for Advanced Players".

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be confused with my upcoming book Advanced Poker for Stupid Players, which involves playing all the hands you see on TV and trying to bluff opponents off their hand at Foxwoods $2/4.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:36 PM

One of the $2/$5 blind NL games I played in a couple days ago at the WSOP had two players almost this bad. One of the guys bought in ($500 each time) seven times in a half hour, and the other guy was in $2000 in the same time. After I had played about two hours, a very good (the prick) player had managed to turn his $500 buy-in into $6500. Pretty nice, while I had enough to pop the waitress $2 for my Redbull............... it happens - everyday here.
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]