Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: k10o in the sb

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see much value in the river donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

i doubt he follows thru with is lowever pairs when the ace hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe, but is he calling with a hand that you beat here?

[/ QUOTE ]

do people every fold on the river getting 7.5:1 to a gaybet on an obvious scarecard.

[/ QUOTE ]

no

but i still think the flop is a muck...your T has to be good an awful lot to make it worth it to continue.

although you do have 2 bdsd to fall back on,
Old 11-26-2005, 10:22 PM

i always fold the flop here but i was just sick of folding to this guy. i figured getting 10:1 couldnt be a huge mistake.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i always fold the flop here but i was just sick of folding to this guy. i figured getting 10:1 couldnt be a huge mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i agree, it's not a huge mistake at all. i think im weaker on the flop than most 2p2ers in these situations.

by the way, against these aggro guys i think KTo is about a 52:47 favorite, and it's an auto3bet for me, but im beginning to reconsider.

i'm oop, even EV (but have initiative), against a tricky player, with a marginal hand that i generally can't show down unimproved.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to make marginal flop calls like this against LAGtards. He could have total trash here, or a hand like QT that you are miles ahead of.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but i still think the flop is a muck...your T has to be good an awful lot to make it worth it to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think folding these flops to someone who is taking shots at you is very bad poker. Yes mathmatically you may not have odds to draw, but by atleast calling the flop raise you are committing him to bet on the turn (or give you a free card). Even though you are not check raising him this hand you may be in future hands. I think folding on this flop is giving up way to much and agressive observant opponents will continue to take shots at you.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think folding these flops to someone who is taking shots at you is very bad poker. Yes mathmatically you may not have odds to draw, but by atleast calling the flop raise you are committing him to bet on the turn (or give you a free card). Even though you are not check raising him this hand you may be in future hands. I think folding on this flop is giving up way to much and agressive observant opponents will continue to take shots at you.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you do on the turn when it bricks?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
check fold
Old 11-27-2005, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
check fold

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes this call -EV. he is making you play worse by getting in your head. i figure i will charge him a ton the times when i hit/call down with a pocket pair that i dont need call a flop raise with an over/under combo.

honestly this case is actually very very close because of the likelihood that your T is good and all the backdoor draws.

however, if i had something like K6 this is an easy easy fold on the flop.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:41 AM

yeah i'll second that. i think you've got to call the flop here, then i'd check/call turn and river. i think the T is good quite often, and you've got backdoor draws baby.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
check fold

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes this call -EV. he is making you play worse by getting in your head. i figure i will charge him a ton the times when i hit/call down with a pocket pair that i dont need call a flop raise with an over/under combo.

honestly this case is actually very very close because of the likelihood that your T is good and all the backdoor draws.

however, if i had something like K6 this is an easy easy fold on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like calling the turn if I didn't improve. You definetly don't have odds to draw, and are you calling this river UI [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]?

I think the flop call is really close EV wise, so our decision to do it or not should depend on metagame. I am not sure what our metagame strategy is though. It seems like folding might be good, as he is already too agro, and folding causes him to take even more shots, and get even more agro. This pulls him even farther away from the optimal bluffing area, but it also might make him a bit more difficult to play against.