Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 04:51 PM

Default KK hand at 5-10

SB is 65/0/.2/103
mp2 is 33/12/1.4/201
Hero is utg.

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ Kd Ks ]

Hero raises, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

** Dealing Flop ** [ Qd, 5c, 2c ] (pot: 8 sb)
SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, SB calls, BB folds, Hero 3bets, MP2 calls, SB calls.

** Dealing Turn ** [ 7c ] (pot: 8.5 bb)
Hero bets, MP2 folds, SB raises, Hero ...

The SB is super passive after about 100 hands... what's the line?
Old 12-28-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: KK hand at 5-10

Fold. If he's super-passive, he hit the flush, you're dead. Most passive players only raise on the turn with the nuts.

Of course, being the idiot I am, I would peel him down.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:21 PM

Had a guy tell me check turn, call river was a much better play. This is absurd right?
Old 12-28-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had a guy tell me check turn, call river was a much better play. This is absurd right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like it.

Anyway, what can this super passive player be calling your flop bet with? Flush draw sure, but I can also see him calling with a Q and a good kicker. I think he would raise with AQ here. So when the turn brings another club I fire out again and if he checks raise me I fold. Bet/Fold the turn is what I do here.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:34 PM

If pot was just a little bit smaller it would be an easy laydown.
Since the pot is big it's a tough laydown...but still a laydown.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:40 PM

why is it absurd?
Old 12-28-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking the turn with an overpair seems too weak-tight to me. Don't give some random club a free shot at going runner-runner. If you get raised, then you can make your read on what to do. SB did coldcall two bets on the flop...suggests draw to me. Here it seems you are beaten by Mr. Passive who just woke up and checkraised you. If that's your read, then fold.

ScottieK
Old 12-28-2005, 05:42 PM

I like the flop 3-bet, you have the equity. If the MP2 were more aggressive I might call the flop raise and check raise the turn, although we won't want to get the turn checked through.

Turn: That check raise sucks. If we had the Kc then this would be an easy call. We are drawing dead to a flush, have two outs against a set and 8 outs against 2 pair, and of course are ahead of an likely bluff or something like a pair with the Ace of clubs.

Have you ever seen the SB do anything tricky? I find that some passive players will bluff more than their AF indicates.

Anyways, the SB is so passive that I think it is unlikely that he would check raise two pair or a pair with the nut flush draw. We are getting 6-1 to call the turn and river (12 bets EPS), which I think we are behind more than 15% of the time.

Bottom line I would fold, only b/c of SB is so passive.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to bet it here in my opinion. You can't give the 2 players unlimited odds especially if they have 1 high club. Also, if someone is on a draw and misses, you have to collect while they will still put money in the pot. You may also be able to fold a J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with a bet.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:38 PM

folds.