Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: If yes, how often?
Less then Weekly 4 20.00%
Weekly 1 5.00%
Daily 15 75.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Have you ever tried to outrun the cops?

Old 12-07-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Have you ever tried to outrun the cops?

I have outrun the cops perosnally (one time) and while I was the passenger, my friend outran them. Both involved street racing, we were not racing, we were watching, but if you watch you get your car impounded for 30 days, because it's treated the same as racing. So.... you can get your car impounded for 30 days, spend a night in jail, have your insurance go up a ton, or take your chances with 50 other people and run for it. We ran for it, and both times got away.

Oh yeah, I also ran when I was like 15 while I was stoned, hopped a fence, and fell right into some blackberry bushes, but managed to hide so the cop couldn't find me. I wasn't being a badass, I wouldn't have gotten anything, maybe a 25 dollar posession ticket, I was just stoned and didn't want to get caught? I don't know.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:49 PM

on a school trip to miami when i was 15 or so, i was walking down the street with a group of my classmates when this crazy guy who was with us points out a pair of cops on the corner and says, 'watch this'. he stares down the cops, looking nervous/badass, then suddenly throws his bag into a trash can as he passes and takes off running at top speed. i don't know why, but the rest of us followed.

the cops of course chased us down. then we looked like idiots when we had to explain wtf we were doing, first to the cops, then to more cops, then to our chaperones, then to our parents.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:51 PM

I wouldn't recommend trying to outrun the radio or the dog.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:51 PM

I've often fantasized about it whenever I see them drive by, probably a side effect of too much GTA. I've only been pulled over twice though. The first time I did nothing and wasn't given a ticket, the second time I got a speeding ticket for going 84 in an 80 (it was whack).
Old 12-07-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the second time I got a speeding ticket for going 84 in an 80 (it was whack).

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you get 80's..... Fastest we can go legally is 65 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 07:55 PM

A friend of mine is tearing down a residential road at night at about 60 (in a 30). A cop passes him going the other way and pretty much immediately hits the brakes and starts turning around. My friend made a quick turn onto the next side street, another quick turn up a culdesac, pulled in a driveway and turned off the car and ducked down. The cop flies by.

He waits a couple minutes, figures he's safe, and heads for home at a reasonable speed. A couple miles later (he was less than 10 miles from home the first time), the same or a different cop passes him going the other way. After a slight delay, the cop slams on the brakes and starts turning around. Friend hits the gas and turns on the next street, turns into a driveway next to a car already parked there, pulls the same trick. Waits a few minutes, then makes it home.

This was in high school, and no one was with him, so I'm not sure how much its exaggerated. I'm fairly sure that at least the first incident happened. He always drove like a bat out of hell and he drove a car almost exactly like this:
Old 12-07-2005, 07:56 PM

I believe he's talking 80 KPH not MPH... which is 50 MPH.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you get 80's..... Fastest we can go legally is 65 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm.. maybe km/h?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing that's KPH?