Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-04-2005, 04:10 AM

Default Help me out: Black AA face up?

I need a little help with this one, am I being too results-oriented or could I use some strategy help?

9 handed final table. I've won this 1k first place event several times (weekly live tourney in local Irish bar) and regulars know and respect me. I know 4 at final table, all competent and aggro, the 4 others look very fishy and drunk.

First hand I pushed ATs on button to buy blinds and antes, and fish commented that I seem like a loose cannon.

Anyways, couple of hands later, I get A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with t4200, blinds 200/400 about to go up to 400/800 next hand, antes 100 each. UTG pushes for t2000 fold fold fold to me. I consider calling, but could easily see a raise or at least 2 calls.

My feeling at the time was that I didn't mind isolating the all in. Out of the remaining players only 2 or 3 more of them covered me, and could interpret just calling the t2000 as weakness (plus it's half my stack, so awkward) and raise me. Do I even want this? Basically, with blinds+allin+ante = t3500 in pot with me at t4200 with 4 to act is this a call, push, and/or flip my cards face up as I do so.

Any help v much appreciated.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Help me out: Black AA face up?

Just push. The good players will realize you've just put in half your stack and the bad players might come along since they think you're a "loose cannon."
Old 12-04-2005, 04:30 AM

i would do whatever i could to get more peoples money in that pot. if someone wants to come along, i'm fine with that. You're gonna need more chips w/ the blinds going up anyways.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:30 AM

Definitely push. You don't want hands like 88, 99, or TT getting nice odds on their hands if you just call.

AA is nice, but I sure don't want two or three callers as the odds get better and better. As you say, there is already a pretty good amount of money relative to your stack size in the pot.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:43 AM

WHEN YOU HAVE AA YOU WANT AS MUCH ACTION AS POSSIBLE. IF EVERYONE AT THE TABLE CALLED, YOU WOULD BE IN HOG HEAVEN. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T FLIP YOUR HAND UP.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:44 AM

Thanks for the comments thus far - exit, are you advocating a call or push? The other two seem to want to shut out smaller pairs, but you want callers?
Old 12-04-2005, 04:50 AM

AA all in preflop seeing a flop against 4-5 players, all or half of them themselves all in mathematically makes me want to puke.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AA all in preflop seeing a flop against 4-5 players, all or half of them themselves all in mathematically makes me want to puke.

[/ QUOTE ]

It shouldnt make you puke.

in the style of CSC

WITH AA YOU WANT AS MUCH ACTION AS POSSIBLE FOR [censored] SAKE. DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO GET MORE PEOPLE TO PUT MONEY IN THE POT. IF YOU SHOW YOUR HAND FACE UP, READ THEORY OF POKER 100 TIMES BEFORE YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO EAT AGAIN.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the comments thus far - exit, are you advocating a call or push? The other two seem to want to shut out smaller pairs, but you want callers?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would do whatever i thoguht would get me more action, which in this case i think is calling.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:22 AM

damn, ok...

what exactly does TOP say?