Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 02:06 AM

Default 5/10 Value Bet River?

PFR'er was tagish after 30 hands at 19/9/2
BB was showing signs of being donkish at 35/0/.15

Bet/fold or c/c?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero?
Old 10-21-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: 5/10 Value Bet River?

this kind of sucks. You are probably ahead of the pfr, but behind the passive donk. I guess you should check as the donk will probably not bet and just hope your good? I don't know this board is so dry it's hard to put BB on a non-J hand.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:15 AM

I could easily see BB calling down with a smaller pocket pair, which only complicates matters more. And you can't rule out the PFR firing off a bluff if it's checked to him.

Blech. I think I'd bet it just to be stubborn, and because it'll be tough to call if BB checks and MP2 bets.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:49 AM

I'd check because I don't think we're folding any better hands or getting any worse hands to call.

I'd fold if BB bets.

I think it gets tricky if MP2 bets. Is this a place where we could use a c/r to get BB to fold a possibly better hand? Then again, is a TAG really going to bluff this river with the action so far? Maybe we should just c/f.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check because I don't think we're folding any better hands or getting any worse hands to call.

I'd fold if BB bets.

I think it gets tricky if MP2 bets. Is this a place where we could use a c/r to get BB to fold a possibly better hand? Then again, is a TAG really going to bluff this river with the action so far? Maybe we should just c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks good. If bb wasn't in it, I think it would be a value bet though. If mp2 bets, I think it's a fold against a tag, since he isn't likely to bluff because of bb. Against a mp2 lag, a check raise could be the right move.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:41 AM

You can't bet for value here. The only question regarding a bet is: what loses me less money? Betting or check/calling? Betting might lose you less money. Check/folding is the best option though.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:11 AM

I would bet this, but I'm a shorthand LAG, so take my advice FWIW.

I think MP2 would have let us know by now if we were behind (unless he has 99 or TT). There are lots of hands we beat, that will call a riverbet, IMO. Lower pocket pairs, fives, and the donk might even call with A high. I think it is very likely that MP2 is folding, so I'm betting mainly to extract value from BB.

If the river was AK or Q, I'm check/folding.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:58 AM

Checking, only calling a bet from MP2.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:46 AM

The way the betting went, I'm guessing that your up against AK or AQ. If you're up against an over pair, you would have been raised on the flop. Trip deuces seem unlikely so I would bet and call a raise