Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Party Poker Tables Closing??

Recently, out of noshere the 4 tables on party that I have open will close automatically but not the main party window and then they will re-open about 10 seconds later. This of course has started happening during my jan. downturn of 280BB and I am wondering if it is someone messing with my computer and cheating me or am i just a loser?
Old 02-01-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Party Poker Tables Closing??

I think its more likely that someone's messing directly with your brain. By beaming magnetic rays into your motor cortex they can cause your hand to move your mouse and close all the tables. All they have to do is couple this with a beam directed at your hippocampus, and you forget that you ever moved your hand. Quite simple really. It probably also explains your downswing. They're sat at the same table as you and are making you call their bets when you should actually fold. The solution is amazingly simple. Just do a search on 'tin foil hats' and you'll find everything you want to know.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:44 PM

Have you cashed out recently?
Old 02-02-2005, 02:10 AM

I had the same problem. I had a hijacking program that messed with IE, internet explore while surfing. the program also tried to hijack my pp window. After I cleaned my computer harddrive of spyware it seemed to work fine.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:41 AM

One of my tables closed today, but it didn't re-open 10 seconds later. Closed for good.

It had never happened before and if I would've been in a hand I would have freaked out. Since I wasn't, I remember wondering where I was relative to the blinds and thought about how much that cost me as a result of the hands I hadn't played in that orbit.

I got an e-mail from Empire a few hours later apologizing for the incident and saying that they considered it to be a "mis-deal", and all money was refunded from the pot (that I wasn't in).