Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-27-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Interesting (?) observed hand, Party 2k

if i was psychic id prob say duck had something like Qs9s and BadVoodoo has like As4s... and then the river of course would come Jx, Jx no spade and ace high would take down a 5k pot [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] haha
Old 12-28-2005, 04:03 AM

Top or middle set.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1st instinct - T + flush draw
2nd instinct - set

[/ QUOTE ]
another possibility is A2s, A4s, 76s, 46s, though I'm not sure how loose fslecktehduck is preflop. It's basically around 50/50 or way behind
edit: maybe KK too? Not sure exactly what her range is. Call range is probably sets and 2 pair? AA/KK is clooooooooose....hmmm MAYBE fs
leckcksduck has AKs too?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't put him on AA or KK with his pre-flop call.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:02 AM

Default RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
No decent player would ever call this bet with less than a set

[/ QUOTE ]

If duck makes this move with hands that have outs against a set (IE flush draw), i suspect that would mean her bet is hugely +EV.

Even if we extend the calling range to 2pair, it's pretty tough to make 2 pair on this flop given preflop action.

As for the results, as someone else in the thread who spilled the beans (thanks buddy), duck had Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and BadVooDoo called her down with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

The turn and river blanked and A high takes the ~5k pot. Afterwards duck mentioned that's exactly where she put him and didn't think he could call. He said her range there was huge. Maybe it is, (and it should be) if she's only going to get called by sets.

Pretty interesting I thought.

Additional Comments?

KoW
Old 12-28-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

IMO, its a pretty easy call with A4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 12-28-2005, 11:16 AM

yeah, fwiw, it is a pretyt easy call with A4s... I think it is tougher with just the nut flush draw and no additional outs. I think this just comes down to knowing your players better... in general given the action and what I knew of the guy in the middle, I thought this play was +EV (but it might not have been if his calling range extended to all overpairs) but badvoodoo knew me and outthought me and that's that... it's just a read based thing in general and with at least 12 nut outs, it's definitely an insta call.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:22 AM

i think this was discussed in another thread, but when calling an all in from a player whose range consists of set + draws (including some sketchy draws), it is clearly much better to have a draw than an overpair.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and with at least 12 nut outs, it's definitely an insta call.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with your post, but he obviously does not have 12 nut outs. And you know what they say about bluffing a bad player...