Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Re: PokerStars & FPP\'s, Getting Screwed?

[ QUOTE ]
Read the fine print. The prize pool for the Supernovas goes up $2K every month. If it averages 100 players in each event, you get $100 in equity the first month, $120 the next, $140 the third... $260 equity in December.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance of making some of these limit tourneys. Especially at the higher levels. I mean NL players are going to have a distinct advantage in these tourneys.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:43 AM

So once you get to be a goldstar or platinumstar, do you have to play the same ammount of raked hands every month in order to keep your status? Same question for supernova. Once you get 100k fpps are you a supernova forever, or do you have to earn 100k fpps every year?
Old 12-25-2005, 07:06 AM

If you become Gold in March, you'll remain gold for the rest of March and for April. If you don't earn enough FPP during April to reach Gold again, you'll go back down to whatever level your FPP earnt you in May.

Once you're Supernova, you remain that for the rest of the year, until the status is reset for January, no matter how many FPP you earn.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:58 AM

I like not having to guess if and when this system has value. I might just close the ole poopy acct, F them. Kudos Sir.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:30 AM

I agree that this is the most attractive aspect of this system.

The more I consider teh value of the freerolls combined with the value per raked-hand the more I'm seriously considering dedicating a lot of time there (again....this is contingent on whether I decide the games are acutlaly good).

I was mostly looking at just the major tourney packages...but if I look again at the gift-shop and see all those amazon gift-certs or other things and it looks like some of the options are 'pretty close' to cash (if I wanted that instead) then that will make it even better.

as others have pointed-out...other sites with RB give you straight-up cash but I'm willing to accept 'mostly' cash should one want that (particularly as a back-up to running badly).
Wal-mart gift-cards or something like that would be a decent option too.

Groceries and other stuff: I need
Ipods and super-duper monitors: I don't need
Old 12-25-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To Sniper's question...I think the only real incentive to play is AFTER you reach supernova status. It's at that point that you really start acumulating the points and they begin to get some real value.... You first major tourney entry you are probably getting about 4-5 cents per raked-hand in value. for your 2nd tourney entry you are probably getting 7-8 cents per raked-hand in value.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are certainly getting value compared to Stars before, but...

You can get > .10/raked hand cash value from rakeback+bonus at other sites.

FWIW, if I was to suggest an enhancement, it would be that the Supernova status should be on a rolling 12 month basis, rather than reset to 0 each Jan.

I also want to acknowledge that I think its great that Lee chose to comment in this thread... and that Stars is clearly setting the bar on what a VIP program should look like!
Old 12-25-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To Sniper's question...I think the only real incentive to play is AFTER you reach supernova status. It's at that point that you really start acumulating the points and they begin to get some real value.... You first major tourney entry you are probably getting about 4-5 cents per raked-hand in value. for your 2nd tourney entry you are probably getting 7-8 cents per raked-hand in value.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are certainly getting value compared to Stars before, but...

You can get > .10/raked hand cash value from rakeback+bonus at other sites.

FWIW, if I was to suggest an enhancement, it would be that the Supernova status should be on a rolling 12 month basis, rather than reset to 0 each Jan.

I also want to acknowledge that I think its great that Lee chose to comment in this thread... and that Stars is clearly setting the bar on what a VIP program should look like!

[/ QUOTE ]

that is really really good idea. I could not agree more with the concept of making supernova 12 months rolling. that seems to make it much more worthwhile especially for a player who might not make it until OCT/NOV/DEC
Old 12-25-2005, 05:21 PM

I'm glad Stars is trying something. They got a bunch of things right that I expected them to. Like making everyone a VIP, and making it easy for a player to predict what reward they could get for their level of action.

I wish though that they counted faster accumulation of FPP's toward qualifying for the next level, even if that meant setting the Gold qualification to 6000 and Platinum to 20,000. This is the only thing Party got right. With Stars method, I can ignore them, then if I ever feel like it, just play for a month and get Platinum just as easily as if I had been Platinum for years. I don't play at the stakes/hours to get Platinum anyway, so there is limited draw for me. If my volume varies from month to month, then I would be bouncing around between levels, and I'd just rather play the extra I need to maintain my level in a month where I'm busy. As it stands, no.

Freerolls, meh, take too much time. Goods at list price where I would normally expect a 40% discount, meh. Tickets to 200+15, okay now that's a very good and needed add.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:59 PM

Is there a $100,000 Supernova freeroll for the month of January? I can't imagine that too many people will be able to play 100,000 raked hands in a month. For someone who could actually do it, I think it would be pretty high +EV being the only one in the tournament.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a $100,000 Supernova freeroll for the month of January? I can't imagine that too many people will be able to play 100,000 raked hands in a month. For someone who could actually do it, I think it would be pretty high +EV being the only one in the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's for all players that reach Gold. Silver players can get in through satellites. There's supposed to be one every month too. That would probably be worth it.