Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 12-13-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Atlantis Side Games

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
others have mentioned how expensive the food is.

just curious about details on this.
how 'insane' is 'insanely expensive' there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I paid $35 for a burger, fries and a coke last year. Does that qualify as insane?

[/ QUOTE ]

$35 US??? I guess I won't be staying there anytime soon.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They had a bunch of SNGs ranging up to $100 or $150 (unless people asked for bigger) I think and had alot of side games running but I don't remember the details since I rarely played ring games back then. I think they offered limit hold em up to 30/60 but would spread bigger and other games if there was interest. I know they offered NL hold em too. I can't imagine the side games are terribly fishy since it is mostly people who managed to qualify on Stars but can't say for sure.

Hopefully someone can give you a better answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have said this before, but will reiterate: If they do not run the side games any better this year, it will just be a bunch of people standing around gawking at each other, wondering if the names on the board are the same as last night's list. Oh, nobody erased the list? Huh? Is there a limit game going? Wait--who's in charge? Are there any dealers available? What? Huh? I'm not sure. Hold on. Is there--umm, I...

Fuggit. I'm going to the beach.

[/ QUOTE ]

think aruba, but worse? if so...yikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but in Aruba, at least there was a room across the way that was run at least as well as most rooms in smaller-market poker cities. The Atlantis cash games made Aruba look like Poker Capitol of the World.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They had a bunch of SNGs ranging up to $100 or $150 (unless people asked for bigger) I think and had alot of side games running but I don't remember the details since I rarely played ring games back then. I think they offered limit hold em up to 30/60 but would spread bigger and other games if there was interest. I know they offered NL hold em too. I can't imagine the side games are terribly fishy since it is mostly people who managed to qualify on Stars but can't say for sure.

Hopefully someone can give you a better answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have said this before, but will reiterate: If they do not run the side games any better this year, it will just be a bunch of people standing around gawking at each other, wondering if the names on the board are the same as last night's list. Oh, nobody erased the list? Huh? Is there a limit game going? Wait--who's in charge? Are there any dealers available? What? Huh? I'm not sure. Hold on. Is there--umm, I...

Fuggit. I'm going to the beach.

[/ QUOTE ]

think aruba, but worse? if so...yikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but in Aruba, at least there was a room across the way that was run at least as well as most rooms in smaller-market poker cities. The Atlantis cash games made Aruba look like Poker Capitol of the World.

[/ QUOTE ]

but they run plo? kind of a contradiction then, huh [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 03:36 PM

If you're coming for the side games, but not playing in the tournament, go somewhere else. There will be better side games in LA or LV almost for sure, and certainly a lot more such games to choose from.

If you're coming to play in the tournament, don't worry about the side games. If you don't last a long time, you're in the Bahamas in January. Enjoy the weather and the the location, and forget about playing poker for a few days.

I mean, come on. I'm a complete nerd, but I couldn't believe all these 18-25 year old guys hanging out in the bar playing online poker. Most of them come from parts of the world where it's cold in January, and instead of enjoying the Bahamas, they're indoors playing online poker! At my nerdiest, I was never that bad.

Oh, and I'm pretty that the PokerStars meal plan covers breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is true that there are only 4-8 choices of restaurants for each meal, but it's not like you won't be able to get enough to eat.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 12-19-2005, 04:15 PM

playing online at the bar?

thats a little too much for me. as if being around 18 yr. old's at a bar wasnt a problem in itself haha.