Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: MTH (new SNG feature!) and Ergonomics

Got it, thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 08:10 PM

Just tried it for the first time, and...

I love the feature of opening new SNGs because that can be extremely frustrating to do manually. Agree with Perg that I'd like the option of just having it accept the buyin dialog automatically as well.

Voice recognition is very cool (except that I have construction going on at the house and every time someone fires up the tablesaw I end up all-in!)

Sadly though, I can't seem to get used to the tables flying all over the place. I'm used to constantly watching action on all of my tables, not just the ones that require attention. Does this just take some getting used to?

I think I will continue to use the Party Beta software and 9-table on one screen using AHK scripts. I also have a little utility that will keep my tables sorted by the size of the blinds allowing me to keep some sense of order to the madness.

Too bad, cuz I love the VR and the Table-Opening functions.

But I will certainly use this to play sets while on the stationary bike... All this sitting around is starting to show!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sadly though, I can't seem to get used to the tables flying all over the place. I'm used to constantly watching action on all of my tables, not just the ones that require attention. Does this just take some getting used to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uncheck the "move active tables" box. Then you won't have the tables moving around. I've tried sets with the active table popping up in one area of the monitor before and it drove me nuts as well.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just tried it for the first time, and...

I love the feature of opening new SNGs because that can be extremely frustrating to do manually. Agree with Perg that I'd like the option of just having it accept the buyin dialog automatically as well.

Voice recognition is very cool (except that I have construction going on at the house and every time someone fires up the tablesaw I end up all-in!)

I think I will continue to use the Party Beta software and 9-table on one screen using AHK scripts. I also have a little utility that will keep my tables sorted by the size of the blinds allowing me to keep some sense of order to the madness.

Too bad, cuz I love the VR and the Table-Opening functions.

But I will certainly use this to play sets while on the stationary bike... All this sitting around is starting to show!

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you do the thing where the tables are sorted by blind size? I currently do that manually (although when im on the bubble or ITM I focus on those tourneys more and put them to the forefront)
Old 12-12-2005, 08:25 PM

Yes, this is awesome!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Eh.. is it possible to check the 'fold' box before it's your turn with this program? It would be a time saver.

If you're 8-tabling, you could use F1-F8 (or any other 8 buttons), to check the fold box on a table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is my set up for 10-tabling SNGs and 20-tabling ring games:

I have two monitors.
The active table pops up in upper right of monitor 1. Inactive tables go in the lower left and lower right of monitor 1. Tables that I am out of for some reason go to the uper left of monitor 2. The MTH window is open in the upper right of monitor 2. And the Party application is open in the lower left of monitor 2.

This allows me to verbalize my commands on the active monitor, while acting ahead of time (fold, check/call, etc.) on the inactive monitors on the bottom of the screen by using the mouse.

Or I can relax by 4-8 tabling, and sitting back in the recliner and just saying everything as it pops up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you running pokerace hud with this config? If so is it working ok?
Old 12-12-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Any way for it to keep X amount of tables always open; to open the appropriate amount as soon as you win one?

[/ QUOTE ]

This feature would be crazy useful. Currently, it's great for starting a session but unless you play in sets(and playing in sets is for chumps) it isn't so good for maintaining a session.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is my set up for 10-tabling SNGs and 20-tabling ring games

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was easier to play massive amounts of sng's b/c it was mainly push/fold late? What level of ring games do you 20-table?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well one thing is it needs to not sit you in seat 4, that seat is a disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

just change the table options button in the image files to 1x1 pixels

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the file, but how do I change it to 1x1 pixels?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well one thing is it needs to not sit you in seat 4, that seat is a disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

just change the table options button in the image files to 1x1 pixels

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the file, but how do I change it to 1x1 pixels?

[/ QUOTE ]

MSPaint... drag 1 corner to the opposite corner.