Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

Old 12-02-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Second hand in Drew Pruitt\'s article (hypothetical)...

Out of curiosity, if either of the remaining 2 players in the second hand had raised your turn lead when the 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hit what would you have done?

Obviously you have have odds to draw to the open-ender if its still live but I think its an easy fold.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Second hand in Drew Pruitt\'s article (hypothetical)...

[ QUOTE ]
I think its an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the CO raised, I might be inclined to fold, but I'm certainly not folding to a button raise. He was a pretty decent player, and pretty decent players don't drive out the field with a flopped flush draw.

Many solid opponents might 3-bet a hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the turn in his position, looking for a free showdown. And while my read was that the button was a good player, I didn't think he was quite that aggressive. (Remember, he only cold-called on the button - many of the hands I put in his range more aggressive opponents, like myself, would be 3-betting.) I almost certainly have 6 outs against a button raise, in addition to possibly being able to put in another bluff.

However, given how much my hand looks like a flush, getting raised on the turn by the button was extrememly unlikely. It's possible that the CO might have flopped a flush draw, but almost certainly the button did not.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many solid opponents might 3-bet a hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the turn in his position, looking for a free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean 2-bet, right? Good article.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:21 PM

Yes, thank you. And thank you.