Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 05-17-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Top two whit lot of action

1/2 Live NLHE game in a NewYork Club. I'm on vacation there so no one know me. I bought-in for 200$ and double early whit a set of 7's vs AK on KQ7A. Been playing for over an hour.

UTG: Seems the best player at this table. He is sitting on a 700$+ stack and covers the table. Has been tricky at the right time in a couple of pots so far (In witch I was'nt)
MP: OK player, Has'nt show any tricky moves so far. As about 350$.
ME: I'm in CO-1 whit 475$

UTG limp, folded to MP who makes it 12$ to go. Folded to me in the CO and I look down at K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I decided to play. Folded to BB who call. UTG call.

Pot 49$
Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB check, UTG check, MP (PF raiser) bet 50$.

I tought MP had hit a piece of the flop but did'nt really wanted a call because of Str8 abd flush possible draws. Probably an AK or AA here. So I think I'm ahead. I'm not trilled about those draws too because a call on my part will fatten the pot and may get pottential draw to play. I decided to raise. Thoughts?

I make it 150$, BB folds but UTG push is stack in. MP thought about it for a while and folded.

Ok, so now it's 313$ to me for 712$ in the middle. Call or fold?
Old 05-17-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Top two whit lot of action

I call. I think he is on the draw.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:29 PM

With those pot odds I think it's an easy call considering he could have a lot of things that you beat or a hand that you could still be drawing on.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:47 PM

Do you win this pot more than 1/3 of the time? Yes, so call.

His only realistic hand that is way ahead is 33, and there are plenty of other possibilities that you are ahead of. (AA being one of the most logical; combo straight and flush draws are a little ahead of you, but not that much.)
Old 05-18-2005, 02:21 AM

Ummm, the combo straight and flush draw is NOT ahead of u. The best straight and flush combo would be 10Jd, which is only 48.2% to win, NOT a favorite. If he's a good player, what would he limp with in early position and then call a raise and then push like that on the flop? His hands are probably a set of 3s or 10Jd, or KQ (but probably not, because u have 2 of those cards)... if he's a good player. I'd say you're in a tough spot here, but your hand is good enough and the pot odds are good enough to still put in a call... However if he has 10Jd, u're about 50/50, KQ obvioulsy 50/50, but a set of 3s you're a only 17% to win. I started out this post saying easy call, but now i'm leaning towards fold. I'd almost say flip a coin. Heads call, tails fold.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:39 AM

You are right, top two is slightly ahead of J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and around 60-40 vs the other big combo draws. I was just guesstimating and I guess I was off a few percent.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:59 PM

A coin-flip when you're getting 3:1 on your call is not a hard choice.

I'd put him on AA or AK. It's a very scary board for the over-pair/top-pair, and he's willing to take down the pot right now. QQ are a possibility too, btw, but doubtful considering there's two already accounted for.

You pretty much hit one of the best flops you could -reasonably- hope for with the hand you have. If you can't call, why play the hand in the first place?

Just my opinion, FWIW.

Kirk R.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:40 AM

Popin Jay:
[ QUOTE ]
With those pot odds I think it's an easy call considering he could have a lot of things that you beat or a hand that you could still be drawing on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like what? I really don't see him limping and calling the raise whit K3 or Q3. Playing AK this way is also unlikely considering there was a pot bet and a big raise. Putting all your $ in the middle whit one pair against two players who have showed strenght is burning money. People limp AA UTG hoping they get a chance to reraise. He got the chance and did'nt do it. So what's left here that match is play that I beat?

creedofhubris:
[ QUOTE ]
there are plenty of other possibilities that you are ahead of. (AA being one of the most logical; combo straight and flush draws are a little ahead of you, but not that much.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that something like J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] are possible. Put I can't see him having AA here for the reason stated above.

On the other hand, KK and QQ are unlikely too. I think he would have raise 1st in whit Queens and would mix it up whit KK between raising 1st in or limp-raising it, but not limp-calling.

I think the hands that fit in the "Limp callin PF, check-reraising the flop" are: 33, KQ or one of the Str8&flush combo draw. Also, MP will have folded a K here a good porion of the time, making is KQ less likely and killing one of my outs vs 33.

Considering this I'm often way behind 33, sometimes spliting the pot whit KQ and sometimes a small favorit to a monster draw.

What do you think?

Also:
Anyone folding KQs to a 6xBB pre-flop raise whit people yet to act?
Anyone plays the flop differently?

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2005, 08:52 PM

easy call.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:22 AM

I think your crushed by a set of 3's. The only big draw is something like J-10 of diamonds.