Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 08:39 PM

Default 3/6 6 hand reading vs a TAGish player

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Villain is playing 34/16, though we were 3 or 4 way with at least one very loose LAG earlier so this might be misleading. Hasn't been very aggressive post flop, but there are a couple LAGs at the table and this could easily be a result of dealing with a lot of whiffed overs and marginal hands -- WTSD is ~40%, Won$ is also 40%. FWIW he's shortstacked (the default buy in is 10 BB at these tables).

UTG is tightish and seems passive pf (32/5 so far). He's able to fold post flop.

I'm under 20% VPIP and down 10-15 bets at this point I think -- getting low offsuit trash with impressive regularity. If I've been erring re. showdown % it's probably too many rather than too few, though I think they were at least semi-reasonable HU vs very loose opponents.

Preflop: Hero is MP with XX.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $4 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

I don't think I'm doing a good job of interpreting the actions of my opponents. What do we put CO on? What hands would make sense for us to play this way?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: 3/6 6 hand reading vs a TAGish player

I'd guess hero has A8s or 99/66. I'd assume hero would cap TT+ and AK, and no other hand is probably calling the river bet. I'd say villain could really have a lot here (99+, KQ+.) I'd put the overs in the mix since he's shortstacked.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:55 PM

i would basically never bet into him with any hand on that flop, but you may have done it with 99, 66, 55, A8s, or A7s.

his hand looks like AA-77/suited [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] broadways, or a poorly played AK with either the A or K of [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Old 11-15-2005, 09:47 PM

my range for the hero would be 66, 99, TT, JJ, A8s, or A7s. Best guess would be 99 or TT. I would guess the cutoff is holding AK of clubs or AA-QQ. I don't play much short handed so I could be way off.

AngelicPenguin,

Is it wise to cap with TT or JJ against a player described as TAGish who just re-raised you? (Not a criticism just a question because I figure the CO has AA-QQ (18 possible hands) or AK (16 possible hands) so 53% of the time (CO has AA-QQ) you are a 4.5:1 dog and 47% of the time (CO has AK) you are a 1.2:1 favorite.)
Old 11-16-2005, 01:12 AM

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $4 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

I often cap TT pf. Sometimes I don't. I maybe should have here, but I didn't have a good handle on Villain's 3-betting range vs non-LAGs and decided not to.

Given our hand and the range that has been suggested for Villain and the other guy, anyone want to take a different line post flop?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:27 AM

That line would be my standard especially with CO have so little chips. There is no way im folding this hand HU.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:40 AM

Why not put the bets in yourself somewhere, since he's shortstacked and you're calling down anyway you don't risk losing an extra bet by betting yourself. I just 3 bet the flop and take it from there.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:43 AM

I would try to put some more bets in before an overcard falls. So raise the flop - or C-R the turn etc.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would try to put some more bets in before an overcard falls. So raise the flop - or C-R the turn etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian is short-stacked, so he's going to the end anyway. Why do we want him to fold? Let him bleed off his chips to you all the way to the end. Also, everyone at the table will just think you're a big pussy for having played your TT's in a 'passive' way. They'll probably think they can run all over you....
Old 11-16-2005, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian is short-stacked, so he's going to the end anyway. Why do we want him to fold? Let him bleed off his chips to you all the way to the end. Also, everyone at the table will just think you're a big pussy for having played your TT's in a 'passive' way. They'll probably think they can run all over you....

[/ QUOTE ]

If he folds the turn that's OK since he usually has a 6 outer and he would be getting correct odds to call. If he calls the turn that's fine too, although him folding would actually be better, and we don't allow him to check through the river.