Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Should I Ever \"Bluff Call\" or Bluff Raise Here?

Typical situation. You are in the BB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], all fold to a loose/average SB who completes. Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], he bets.

Obviously, with me having a random hand he is correct to bet everytime, assuming that I will always fold when I flop nothing. Is there any defense to this (other than raising with my decent hands preflop)? Or should I just resign myself to folding and take my turn when I'm the SB? Or am I just being too anal?

Lost Wages
Old 02-08-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Should I Ever \"Bluff Call\" or Bluff Raise Here?

most sbs don't bet here often enough (especially at 5-10, where the majority are loose passive) so this isn't a huge issue. Versus a more aggresisve sb bettor I need something like a pair, an A, gutshot + overcard, flush or oesd to get frisky. But with your 94o its just wasting chips to do anything but fold, the averge 5-10 guy doesn't bet enough here to worry about fighting back.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:11 PM

When I notice people limp-betting vs me from SB, I start raising them alot preflop and raise more light on the flop.

My default play is a very clear fold with 94o here.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:15 PM

Hmmm...I've had several opponents who used this move at every available opportunity, sometimes as much as 3 times an hour.

Lost Wages
Old 02-08-2005, 07:32 PM

I still think that's not the norm but if such a player open limps in the sb you invite this bet by checking preflop. Even then, don't fight back with complete garbage. patience, they will continue to spew their chips, and you won't need much to grab those chips.