Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Need some general advice on playing TT...

So, according to PT, since I started tracking my results, I have, so far, a negative BB/hand win rate with TT. First of all, my sample size really isn't that big (approaching 10k hands) and I know that variance is high and all that stuff so it's possible that this could not mean much. However, I suspect the reason that TT is the only pocker pair that has given me a negative win rate so far (other than a couple of low pockets) is that TT is my cutoff for what PP I play aggressively. 99 and below, I will usually limp and fold on most flops. However, with TT, that is the lowest of the PPs that I play aggressively, as in raising preflop and being agressive thereafter unless I really suspect that I'm beat (basically, I play it the same way as JJ and QQ). Is this wrong? In SSHE, TT is classified in the same group as JJ and QQ, so maybe I'm really not doing anything wrong and have just gotten unblucky so far? And as I said, I play it the same way as QQ and JJ, and these two hands have good BB/hand win rate for me. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Need some general advice on playing TT...

Yes, 10k is definitly too small a sample size, especially when you are talking about an individual hand.

It's tough to offer you constructive advice without looking at individual hands, so I'd suggest you post the ones where you are having trouble.

Floating around somewhere is a handchart from pokerroom. Tens and nines are very +EV.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Need some general advice on playing TT...

Playing 10s aggressivly is fine, this is just a statistical fluctuation. For a single hand's EV to be significant, you'd need at least a few hundred thousand hands played.