Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 05:59 PM

Default 2-4 deepish 6max

400nl on prima. No real read on villan cuase im 5 tabling. Im tag if villan even notices. Villan riases to 16 UTG, folded to me in the BB with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Im about to muck but realise the effective stacks are about 730, so I call.

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I lead for pot,32. Villan makes it 96 after a bit. Whats the best line?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: 2-4 deepish 6max

Hella lot of FE.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:17 PM

I previously posted my line, but thought it would be more interesting to see what you guys do.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:30 PM

Ok. Then yeah I'm not sure I like the pot lead here. I think a really trixy raise to $250 here might be ideal, looks like it's protecting from draws and yet a push screams draw, this looks more like a set. I think he folds as good as AK to this.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. Then yeah I'm not sure I like the pot lead here. I think a really trixy raise to $250 here might be ideal, looks like it's protecting from draws and yet a push screams draw, this looks more like a set. I think he folds as good as AK to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

He smooth calls, what is your plan on turn on various cards?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:33 PM

I would make it $250 then push turn if called. If he reraises flop then I would prolly call. I like to play these pots though b/c most of the time they will fold AA or AK, but even if they call its a coinflip, the only thing to worry about is a set. Without any read on the other player though it would be a little risky. Most of the time though I will be putting all the money in on the flop or the turn. Perhaps not the best play but its a good way to mix up your game with little risk. Curious to see what others will dd.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He smooth calls, what is your plan on turn on various cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check UI.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Results

I kinda wanted to 3 bet the flop allin because I recommended that in a similar thread a few days ago. While in both cases, the raise is pretty big (600 to call in a 230 pot) but I was curious to see what would happen. In the end, they guy called with AK no diamonds, so all my draws where good. The turn bricked, but the river was a 3 giving me trips. Man, he ripped me after the hand, saying I make dumb moves and the like. Got alot of action thought!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:42 PM

push > raise > fold > call

if you push this be prepared to play sets really fast in the future vs. this guy
Old 12-05-2005, 09:18 PM

Just FYI, there is no doubt I would have pushed here myself. I'm very volatile with my draws, but I will play many monsters very fast as well. I hate giving up on the turn in these spots knowing I cut my draw in half. The metagame implications of pushing here are great as well. Not only do you take his money, but he will continue to give it to you in future hands, and the rest of the table gladly donates to the fund [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]