Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2005, 08:27 AM

Default Hawaiian Gardens - Floorman Screwup

I was in a 20-40 game at HG, and after a floorman's decision went against me, I racked up and stormed off in a huff. Here's what happened:

Preflop, UTG raised, guy to my right called, and I took four yellow chips (one bet) off my stack and extended my hand forward. Before dropping the chips in the pot, I picked up my cards with my other hand, said fold, threw them into the muck, and returned the four yellows to my stack. Before the woman to my left did anything, the guy to my right said "that's a bet." I objected and the dealer called the floor over for a decision.

Not only did the floor man say that it was in fact a bet, but he told me I had to put in the full bet of $40 (eight chips). I tried explaining to him why it wasn't a bet, but he kept insisting that "any forward motion means a bet."

I threw $20 in the pot, said that's all I was putting in, and left the game. I was pretty sure I was right at the time, but not absolutely positive. I've since reviewed Robert's Rules of Poker, and believe that the floorman screwed me out of $20.

Comments on his decision? If he was wrong, what should I say to him when I see him tomorrow?

Sparks