Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2005, 09:34 PM

Default 88 in EP. (Stars $20 Deepstack) Oh, and i\'m a calling station.

Ok i was talking to my friend about this hand and he and i disagreed on every street, so i though maybe this would be an interesting hand.

Converted at PokerGeek
PokerStars NL Hold'em Tournament - 50/100 Blinds (10 handed)

Starting Stacks
Seat 1: Button (T16645)
Seat 2: Small blind (T9680)
Seat 3: BB (T6800)
Seat 4: UTG (T5550)
Seat 5: UTG+1 (T7045)
Seat 6: EP (Hero) (T4850)
Seat 7: MP1 (T4055)
Seat 8: MP2 (T4060)
Seat 9: LP (T2783)

Preflop: Hero is EP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero raises (300), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls (300), LP calls (300), Button folds, Small blind folds, BB calls (200)

<font color="#666666"> This a bit loose to be raising this here? I thought it was fine, but my friend was saying a limp is better. I think i'd limp with a shorter stack, but 50 BB's seems big enouogh for me. </font>

Flop: (T1250) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets (600), LP folds, BB folds, Hero calls (600)

<font color="red"> I kinda froze here and didn't c-bet because all the people in the hand scared me. But once he bet and it was folded around to me, i thought i'd see a turn and see what he does. </font>

Turn: (T2450) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 bets (1000), Hero calls (1000)

<font color="red">I figured at this point i was probably good, but if i am, he's not going to call me if i check-push, so i thought i might be able to get some more out of him on the river. and he's probably only got like 10-15% equity in the hand, so i should be good giving the 'free' card. But is this pot big enough that i should be fine just taking what's in there? </font>

River: (T4450) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 all-in (2160), Hero calls (2160)

<font color="red"> reason i just called on the turn was hoping he would do this on the river, so i call. But now i'm thinking that he's probably bluffing less than 50% of the time here so i probably should have just taken the pot on the turn</font>

Final Pot: T8770

meh, boring hand? Did i go nuts? Hands make me think when i ask someone i respeect if they'd make the call on the river and they say "No earthly idea. I'd never ever be there."