Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 08:00 PM

Default TPTK (AQ) -- anyone call here?

PokerStars $1/$2 NLHE, 8-handed. I've got about $200, the blinds have me covered.

I've got A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button. UTG+1 calls, it folds to me, I raise to $9. SB calls, BB raises to $20, UTG+1 folds, I call, SB calls.

Flop (pot = $58 & change after the rake): Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets $64. I feel very strongly that this is AA or KK, but why am I even in this hand if I'm not going to play on this flop? Calling (for a third of my stack) and then folding the turn if he fires again can't be right, and if I go all-in I'll only (and always) be called if I'm beat. That leaves calling the flop and turn and hoping he's bluffing, or simply folding.

I mucked. Should I not have done so? Is anyone strongly opposed to my preflop raise? Does anyone fold to the small preflop reraise? Thanks.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Re: TPTK (AQ) -- anyone call here?

most of the time I fold to the preflop reraise. But being that you didn't, you flopped the best hand you could hope for.

Bet that flop. the check gets you no where.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: TPTK (AQ) -- anyone call here?

Fold to the reraise preflop. All you have is a draw to a pair and it's likely that at least half of those "outs" give you a second best hand.