Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-19-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Turn raise here?

I hadn't meant to turn this into a preflop discussion, although I still think it was correct to attempt to isolate him preflop against his range. He was a big LAGy donkey. I wouldn't argue a lot with folding though, this was close to my 3-betting limit.

Subfallen, you're probably right that I wouldn't get an overpair to fold here, even from a TAG, although if he only has something like JJ he has to entertain the possibility of me having a better overpair.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Subfallen, you're probably right that I wouldn't get an overpair to fold here, even from a TAG, although if he only has something like JJ he has to entertain the possibility of me having a better overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I´m also sure that you wont get an overpair to fold. 2 pair looks very unlikely with this board and the preflop action. The turn action means that two opponents hit the Ten most of the time when you hold an overpair yourself on this board. JJ might sweat a bit but its not folding. AA-QQ no chance
Old 12-19-2005, 12:49 PM

I don't think K10s is a strong holding versus just about any range. I think all too often we assume a maniac will raise UTG with 92o every time, a hand where K10s is very strong. The fact is you are behind to a huge amount of opening hands here, you are ahead of a possible few opening hands for a LAGmonster. I will stick to the way I would play here and not try to beat a LAG by playing his game. It has worked well for me in the past, it has always been the advice given by top players, and I think it is the smartest approach.

For anyone who disagrees, do some number crunching and see just how good K10s is versus an open raise. I'd be interested to see exactly what range K10s is worth playing against because I honestly don't believe it is as good as you make it out to be.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:12 PM

I fold pre-flop, but...on the turn, I feel trapped. The bet and raise ahead of me, I really don't know where I stand. I may just be dumping the hand at this point. (Weak? But I don't want to get trapped between two raisers either where I'm dominated or drawing dead.) You've got little to no outs if you are behind and if you're ahead, what makes you feel good on the river?
Old 12-19-2005, 04:33 PM

Well, if it gets capped with both guys still in the hand I fold UI on the river. If the TAG calls I haven't decided if I bet the river. If only the LAG calls I bet any non-ace river probably.