Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-30-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: $11 A9 UTG L6

I think this is fairly close; if blinds are going up next hand I push, if not I lean towards folding. As far as marginal pushes go, up front like this I'd prefer to have a hand like KJs. Stands up better against the tighter calling ranges you expect against an EP push.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's ok if 3/4ths of the call you have dominate you, because that means you're not getting called often, which means FE, which is very, very good here.

U need to be worried if you get calls that don't dominate you, from KJ stuff...

It's an $11, people call, you fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not exactly sure what you just said...
Old 12-31-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is fairly close; if blinds are going up next hand I push, if not I lean towards folding. As far as marginal pushes go, up front like this I'd prefer to have a hand like KJs. Stands up better against the tighter calling ranges you expect against an EP push.

[/ QUOTE ]

KJs? I never considered that a stronger hand to push with. In fact I regularly fold KQ, any King for that matter, and usually only push w/ AT or better, mid pockets or better... from EP...

Why do you like KJs?
Old 12-31-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KJs? I never considered that a stronger hand to push with. In fact I regularly fold KQ, any King for that matter, and usually only push w/ AT or better, mid pockets or better... from EP...

Why do you like KJs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, run it vs. loose/average/tight calling ranges in SNGPT. Then run A9o against those ranges.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you like KJs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, run it vs. loose/average/tight calling ranges in SNGPT. Then run A9o against those ranges.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have it, yet, but I have been strongly considering it lately...
Old 12-31-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you like KJs?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have it, yet, but I have been strongly considering it lately...

[/ QUOTE ]

dude. it's probably the best $80 I've ever spent.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dude. it's probably the best $80 I've ever spent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree. And to the OP, you should buy SNGPT. Judging from some of the posts you've made, a lot of the questions you have been asking could be answered by spending a little time with SNGPT and reading up about about equity and ICM. very +++EV