PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $2 BB (7 handed) converter

Button ($165.20)
SB ($190)
BB ($202.50)
Hero ($196)
MP1 ($174.30)
MP2 ($540.45)
CO ($63.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $2, CO calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $4, MP2 calls $4, CO calls $4.

Flop: ($25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8, MP2 calls $8, CO folds.

Turn: ($49) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8, MP2 calls $8.

River: ($73) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $89
Old 12-09-2005, 04:36 AM

Default Re: 200 PL AA line ok?

I like it.

On the river, I can't think of many hands that would call a raise that you beat. Before that, I don't see a raise being +EV.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:57 AM

not much to complain about. maybe the hand is worth a raise preflop.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:16 AM

I would like to know the outcome. I suck at Omaha but I am trying to figure out what He was betting that you could beat. Obviously you can beat top two pair and maybe you were against two flush draws that didin't get there, but I would have to think I was seriously behind. One betting and one smooth calling, the caller went away so He was on a draw either a flush or a low draw.

I am not a fan of just calling, unless you have a read and the better is a frequent bluffer, usually just calling is not good poker.

either He is weak and running a semi-bluff or he is milking you for all that he thinks you will call.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:54 PM

Or he is trying to get a cheap showdown with top two (or one) now that he sees the board pairing has counterfeited his hand.

A big % of the pots AA wins are from the board pairing small on the river and counterfeiting someone's flopped two pair. Just calling here is the right play; certainly you can't fold, and raising is only right if you can give the opponent a range of hands that will call but still lose. I don't think that range is there.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:19 PM

I really liked the way you played this hand. You have a hand that has show down value but can’t stand a lot of heat. Playing it the way you did allows you to win the most when you are ahead and lose the least when you’re behind. You are also keeping the pot relatively small so if you face heavy action on later streets your hand will be easier to get away form. Raising builds the pot and allows both callers to get away form their weaker holdings. Also your hand is not strong enough to stand a reraise and there are people left be hind you still to act….
Old 12-09-2005, 03:29 PM

I dont like it.

You're in terrible position. Facing a better with a player behind with a very mediocre hand.

When people make mini-bets, a saying I've heard, they rarely like calling a pot-size re-raise.

On the turn, I'd be tempted to raise or fold. I might not raise the pot though. Maybe you get 3rd player out and get checked to on the river and it'll cost you about the same. If you get reraised you're done.

Folding isn't bad. You have only a pair and no low draw. You've got a player in first position betting. You've got a caller who has connected somehow with a high 2 card flop. There's another hand dealt after this. Seems a bad play to put in money with a mediocre hand in a bad position. If the caller behind you has a set on the flop, you're going to get raised regardless on this flop. He might even raise without the set with two pair and a low draw. Or even top pair and a low draw. You're not guaranteed to see the river cheaply and that's what you really need to do with this hand. Maybe if you were in last position it might be worth calling with this hand. What will you do on the river if the first better makes a 1/2 pot bet even? Call it ?

You're getting sucked into this 3-player pot with a hand that can stand absolutely no heat.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You're in terrible position. Facing a better with a player behind with a very mediocre hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree

[ QUOTE ]

When people make mini-bets, a saying I've heard, they rarely like calling a pot-size re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop bet is not a mini-bet. It is a 1/3 pot bet and probably a continuation bet. A mini-bet is a bet of the minimum size allowed for that betting round.

Re-raising the flop bet to try and take this pot down now because you think it missed everyone is not a bad line. But someone on a draw (or bluff) could raise you off your hand.
I would do that with my strong hands or bluffs not with this hand.

[ QUOTE ]

On the turn, I'd be tempted to raise or fold. I might not raise the pot though. Maybe you get 3rd player out and get checked to on the river and it'll cost you about the same. If you get reraised you're done.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want to raise here? Your hand just got worse, your opponent’s hands probably improved, and you want to put more money in the pot?

[ QUOTE ]

Folding isn't bad. You have only a pair and no low draw. You've got a player in first position betting. You've got a caller who has connected somehow with a high 2 card flop. There's another hand dealt after this. Seems a bad play to put in money with a mediocre hand in a bad position. If the caller behind you has a set on the flop, you're going to get raised regardless on this flop. He might even raise without the set with two pair and a low draw. Or even top pair and a low draw. You're not guaranteed to see the river cheaply and that's what you really need to do with this hand. Maybe if you were in last position it might be worth calling with this hand. What will you do on the river if the first better makes a 1/2 pot bet even? Call it ?

You're getting sucked into this 3-player pot with a hand that can stand absolutely no heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is not that bad. Especially early in the hand but remember on the flop your getting 4 to 1 pot odds. On the turn your getting 7 to 1 and on the river your getting 10 to 1.

I could be terribly wrong here. I just think the OP line will win the most money and lose the least.