Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Bloggers, Trolls, and the STTF

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i will say two things,

i am drunk but can still type and think clearly

this makes me want tostop making any meaningless posts unless in OOT or the bad beat forum because the top poster's who I wont name because i dont want to miss anyone have helped me so much. When i read a post about a hand think about what I would do and read a top poster so the same thing I thought my confidence would rise which helped me play better. So thanks to irieguy and the many other regulars, please dont let trolls change how often you post, because honestly, f*** them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same way that trolls can make good players and regulars stop posting here, so can arrogant, know-it-all good players and regulars make newbies not want to post here. You can't sit here and say Irieguy or The Yugoslavian can get away with it because he has tenure and has valubale posts whereas a troll who doesn't contribute anything worthwhile cannot also. This is exactly what I eluded to in The Yugoslavian's "Should Yugo go" thread. If you let this kind of thing slide, it's pure hypocrisy and favoritcism being shown and practiced. I'd rather deal with a great person and player who can help me improve than someone who is a foul person with equal greatness in play who can help me improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

see thats the thing though, ive never felt like any of the great posters have been like god, runner4life7 you are a moron why do you try. But yeah, if they did i wouldnt care because they have helped me, unlike you, who havent done anything for me or probably anyone for that matter. So I'm sorry for being respectful and thankful to those who have given what they dont have to. So instead of bitching about them since this is "meaningless" to you, go post and reply and help every single persons hand that they ever ask about.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On a serious note, this kind of thing has come up before. It seems that a lot of the best posters here have much more leeway that brand new ones because they have earned it. I felt it was unfair at first too, but it's just like any group of people anywhere in life. The ones who have been involved longer and have proven themselves earned their status. They've earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to dumb/bad posts or whatever.

Accept it, because the money that some of these guys make, they are really giving gifts away by contributing to this forum. Keep them happy, for your own personal benefit and for everyone elses who frequents this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to remember that the next time one calls me a female dog for no reason. Somehow I can't see Chip Reese or Barry Greenstein doing this. Then again, this is the internet.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irie guy admitted to making a dumb comment in a useless thread about Daniel Negreanu failing to use the term "blocking bet". Yet, when you speak of gay people messing up threads that you have to filter through, somehow I take it that you're weren't including him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irieguy isn't gay. I'm offended. I think this is grounds for a banning.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't call Irie gay, he was simply stating that whichever kind of post Irie made nobody here would probably call him gay (unless it was very clearly pointed out it's intended as a simple joke).

The only (questionably) questionable post I've seen this guy make is when he asked for HH's. Its clear that he hasn't been around for a very long time, so why didn't you just tell him that most people usually wouldn't want to share their HH's for free, and that he probabably shouldn't expect alot of good responses? Instead all of you told him how stupid he was for thinking that way. Imagine if those kinds of replies were made in strategical posts: "LOL! you raise with that? go back to mowing lawns, idiot!".

I beleive that to any serious question and request, there is a serious and non-insulting answer, even if that answer wasn't what the OP was expecting or hoping for. So why not try our best to make a good and serious answer for any question? Whoever the OP might be. (this ofcource excluding obvious trolls(the best way to kill a troll is to not feed it, IE not respond to its thread)).
Old 12-04-2005, 06:47 AM

DBACH, you CAN spend all your time argueing with everybody, people like it, we've had lots of people play that role for us, BUT it's a collosel waste of your time. Ignore the BS and work on your game if it's what you really care about, and if it's not there are other sites with naked girls and stuff that are far more interesting.

Steve
Old 12-04-2005, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irie guy admitted to making a dumb comment in a useless thread about Daniel Negreanu failing to use the term "blocking bet". Yet, when you speak of gay people messing up threads that you have to filter through, somehow I take it that you're weren't including him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irieguy isn't gay. I'm offended. I think this is grounds for a banning.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't call Irie gay, he was simply stating that whichever kind of post Irie made nobody here would probably call him gay (unless it was very clearly pointed out it's intended as a simple joke).

The only (questionably) questionable post I've seen this guy make is when he asked for HH's. Its clear that he hasn't been around for a very long time, so why didn't you just tell him that most people usually wouldn't want to share their HH's for free, and that he probabably shouldn't expect alot of good responses? Instead all of you told him how stupid he was for thinking that way. Imagine if those kinds of replies were made in strategical posts: "LOL! you raise with that? go back to mowing lawns, idiot!".

I beleive that to any serious question and request, there is a serious and non-insulting answer, even if that answer wasn't what the OP was expecting or hoping for. So why not try our best to make a good and serious answer for any question? Whoever the OP might be. (this ofcource excluding obvious trolls(the best way to kill a troll is to not feed it, IE not respond to its thread)).

[/ QUOTE ]

Now how hard is it for people to understand this? It's a matter of simple respect, common courtesy, and tact. You shouldn't be exempt from this whether you're Irieguy, The Yugoslavian, or whoever else. To make matters worse, not only am I blatantly thrased by The Yugoslavian without provocation but it is also told to me that I should just except it because he has tenure, has made vauable contributions to this forum, he will be given the benefit of the doubt in the matter, and that nothing will be done about it. Not that you completely agree with everything I've said Lastas but you've pretty much hinted to the hypocrisy and favoriticism I speak of.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DBACH, you CAN spend all your time argueing with everybody, people like it, we've had lots of people play that role for us, BUT it's a collosel waste of your time. Ignore the BS and work on your game if it's what you really care about, and if it's not there are other sites with naked girls and stuff that are far more interesting.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Appreciated the offer, Steve. It will be remebered.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There have been a LOT of OT posts lateley in STTF. I'm a fairly new member to 2+2 so maybe its the norm. But up until very recently the front page (mine is set to 25 topics) was always full of good questions, analysis, strategy, etc. Even the "easy" questions by us noobs were explained to us why they were considered an easy situation, which is why I'm here...to learn.

Now, I'm fully aware that alot of the respected posters here have made friends with other posters and use this forum as a form of communication amongst them. That seems perfectly acceptable. However, lately my front page seems to have 4-5 OT posts pushing the strategy posts back.

I'll admit to having a little fun with the recent OT post about the bands...I guess that just makes me as guilty as the rest. But I think there is another place for that.

My 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first glance, I would tend to agree with you.

Except for the fact that 95% of the super valueable information I have gotten from this forum has been through PM's, AIM and other forms of 1 on 1 communication. These encounters could not have occurred if not for the forum.

Also with the pretty straightforward nature of SNG play, there are only so many angles to discuss if you've been playing/studying them for six months or more. Many people hang around here as a subconscious way to stay connected when new information does break, or new trends are discussed.

So in short, even though it may just seem like a clicky high school quad with people playing practical jokes...there is a ton of poker winning, learning and sharing going on.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Yugoslavian can get away with it because he has tenure and has valubale posts

[/ QUOTE ]

$5 pokerstars money if you can give me a link to one valueable Yugoslavian post

seriously
Old 12-04-2005, 07:52 AM

If it was worth the time for $5, I could win this bet meny times over, seriosly. you haven't been around long enough. Before the gerneral asumption around here became yugo sucks at poker he posted in stratagy threads all the time.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he posted in stratagy threads all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

not the same as posting something valueable

and i was only 51% serious

forgot to put a bunch of [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]'s in there
Closed Thread