Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Question about this forum

I don't mean to give the moderators a hard time, I just don't understand what I'm supposed to get out of this forum. Your sticky states "We encourage open and civil discussion."

Therefore, I don't understand your decision to delete my thread about raketherake vs. thisisthenuts. If anyone had made libelous or inflammatory remarks, then yes, delete those posts. But a basic discussion about affiliates should be perfectly acceptable.

The initial discussion took place here

You commented on those companies, why can't others? An informed decision can only come from multiple sources.

What's the harm in a discussion about rake rebate providers in the rake rebate forum?

Could you rephrase the following: "we have the opportunity for advertisers to represent themselves here. if they choose not to, i cant justify them receiving this free exposure on a forum i provide with my money and time."

I honestly don't understand what you are saying. Does "represent themselves here" mean post in this forum or advertise on 2+2?

Also, are you paying to be a moderator? Or an advertiser?

-ptmusic
Old 10-18-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Question about this forum

this forum was designed soley to turn a profit for 2+2.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:01 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

I own this forum. If you have nothing to gain here, no offense, but dont read it. I find that hard to believe as this has become of the one of the top viewed forums on twoplustwo. It has only been around for a few weeks. Let us try to find a balance in here, things have been going smoother as time passes and i am sure it will continue to do so.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I own this forum. If you have nothing to gain here, no offense, but dont read it. I find that hard to believe as this has become of the one of the top viewed forums on twoplustwo. It has only been around for a few weeks. Let us try to find a balance in here, things have been going smoother as time passes and i am sure it will continue to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

You OWN this forum??? Does that make this forum unique at 2+2?

BTW, I would very much like to gain from this forum. I thought a discussion comparing two rakeback companies would do just that (for me and for others).

-ptmusic
Old 10-18-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Which parts of the twoplustwo website aren't designed to turn a profit for 2+2?
Old 10-18-2005, 07:25 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

internet bonuses forum is sponsored by pokersourceonline.

this forum is sponsored by affiliateEV.com
owned is the incorrect term.

read the sticky.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Which parts of the twoplustwo website aren't designed to turn a profit for 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

none of it really. what i meant was that this specific forum is designed specificly to bring players directly to paying affiliates (you cant even mention that you are an affiliate unless you pay 2+2 is what i understand). Other forums on here are for discussion and are funded by banner ads. they are for the players, not for a few paying customers.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was your term, was it not?

So, to be clear:

1) If we have any questions about raketherake, or any affiliate that isn't paying for advertisement on this forum, don't ask it on this forum.

2) But, if we have anything bad to say about them, feel free to post.

Got it.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:16 PM

To be fair, the views might just have something to do with the fact that the rakeback world exploaded within the past two weeks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-18-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it was your term, was it not?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was correcting myself not the poster.

i think i have more than explained what we set out to do on this forum. if you dont like it, go and buy your own forum. or setup a player union. or setup a publishing company that sets up a forum to market its products. or you can choose to read something else.

at this point, it is clear some of you will remain upset, ask questions without reading the sticky, make judgements or assumptions based on imcomplete information, or fail to use common sense to understand the forces at play here. its out of my hands. this is a commercial forum. we are trying our damndest for it to provide a service to its members.

morg. out