Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2003, 03:42 AM

Default 6 max party hand

I'm in a good 10/20 game on party 6 max table. The table is fairly aggressive especially the button on this hand. The BB I have no reads on. Anyways... I have 88 UTG+1 and open with a raise. The button (aggro) 3-bets me. I have seen him do this with as little as Q10. The BB calls two-cold and I call.

FLOP- 9,10,3 (rainbow)

The BB bets out and I fold. I was worried about being caught between an aggressive button and the BB who I have no idea about. Anyways any comments on this hand are appreciated. I'll post what happened later. Thanks in advance.

SGS
Old 12-22-2003, 03:47 AM

Default Re: 6 max party hand

I can't imagine a good case for anything other than folding. I'm guessing you may have folded the best hand, but the chances of it being best and holding up are extremely poor it seems.

If you knew there was a good chance BB was on a draw, and that the button would fold overcards to your raise, then you probably have an easy raise. I don't see either condition being true here.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:23 AM

Default Re: 6 max party hand

i fold - auto - also normal to feel a bit stupid for paying 3 bets to see the flop and folding to 1 bet when you do with some chance you have the best hand

an easy lesson to learn when you call and it comes back 3 bet

stripsqueez - chickenhawk