Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2004, 05:18 AM

Default PLO tourney hand...folding...the right play?

okay im in a 10$ PLO tourney 180 people. My stack is 5K average is 3K. Blinds are 150/300. Im on button with 6s7s7h8h. 1 EP limper (stack 5K) and 1 mid limper (stack 7K) to go plus BB (stack 2K). Flop is 7cQdJd.

1st limper bets pot quickley and mid calls immediately. What the heck do i do, i am fairly sure i am ahead now, but so many draws and 2 possible over sets. Do i fold, call or pop em a pot sized reraise?

Well here is what i did. I folded i figured i was ahead now, but too many things could happen and id hate to bust out when i have a decent stack. Turn comes 7 of course. And both limpers had pretty much what i assume. 1st EP had AA and ended up losing to nut flush.

So any input on what you guys would do in this situation would be great. By the way i was just moved to the table the hand before so had no reads on the players whatsoever. Thank You.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:29 AM

Default Re: PLO tourney hand...folding...the right play?

The question to ask isnt should you have called but why, with a bet and a call, you assumed you were ahead? Can't the UTG have better trips? Can't the caller be waiting for a less acion packed turn? All Omaha games can give upsetting turns and rivers...just focus on the whys and wherefores of the decision you could make, and the money flows accordingly.

gl

dd