Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: god i feel stupid now...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion yes, but I can kind of understand why you did it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Took me a few minutes ( well, a lot more time than that really ) to catch up with you...
Are you looking at this and thinking the other Jack is in play with the naturally better kicker? I'm actually kind of in awe that you can multi-table, see top set on the flop, and process the weakness of your kicker at the same time. Really, sincerely, honestly, and without sarcasm of any kind -- it took me minutes to even follow your thinking. For me, I guess there are some advantages for having a pavlovian response to flopping a set -- I couldn't help but push here every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, there is no need to process the strength of your kicker when the flop comes . . ..IF in fact you looked at it the second before clicking "call" preflop.

I find it very helpful when getting to see flops cheap with junk hands from the SB or BB to tell myself what the flop needs to be for me to play further BEFORE the flop even comes. This includes analyzing the strength of potential kickers. There are a very limited number of flops I am willing to play when starting with J3o. Then, when the flop comes, I can pause for a second and remind myself of my preflop standards (and not go chasing a mediocre top pair flop or something similar that looks kinda sexy).

I'm curious about your intentions with your flop lead of t50. Were you trying to get them to fold? Were you trying to build a pot? I gotta tell ya, if you were willing to muck to a reraise to t200 after flopping trips, then just save your t50 chips next time and open check.

No, you aren't ahead here 100% of the time, especially after a few limpers preflop . . .BUT . . you are ahead a majority of the time.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: god i feel stupid now...

The way I'd look at it is that he doesn't have trips on the flop, because why would he bet so much? That is an easy call.