Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 07:35 AM

Default Bankroll for multitables?

I've started playing 2/4 a while ago, and found myself thinking about this problem.

The general rule is 300bb, but how does it change when you play for example 4 tables, or maybe even 8 tables. You can't possible cope with the same BR? Is there an easy formula for this?

Didn't find anything with search and I think this could help many others too [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Bankroll for multitables?

I'm not sure but I think the bankroll is the same playing 1 or 8 tables doesn't change anything in a mathematicaly point of view but you can maybe higher your bankroll because of some error risks like clicking the wrong button or making wrong plays.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:41 AM

Hmm, haven't looked it from that point of view. Of course you can think it as if you just were playing more hours on 1 table. Thanks!

I thought that the variance would be bigger, but now that I think of it... I'm a complete moron! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 07:57 AM

Nope, it's just more hands, that's only variance with time, which is fine! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 08:03 AM

I don't agree with that. When you play more tables you higher the risk for error as I already said before. When you play 4 tables (especially with an unadapted monitor) you expose yourself to the risk of wrong play or wrong button clicking. So you may higher your bankroll. or You can make sure you don't make those wrong moves.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:22 AM

Well, I wouldn't think it would make too much of a difference, unless you are constantly mis-reading your hand and making costly mistakes.

Most people will gradually move up from 1 table, to 2, to 3, to 4, anyways.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:50 AM

If you can handle multitabling, no higher roll is needed. You're just plowing through the hands faster - there is no change in the amount of variance just because of multitabling.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:51 PM

There definatly is, if you have a 15BB/100 variance and your playing at 4 tables, that can be magnified because your playing at 4 tables at once so your vaiance in any given day is greater. You have the ability to win and loose more.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:16 PM

no, its win or lose faster. You'll win or lose the same in an identical 1,000 hand stretch whether that 1,000 hands was played 4 tabling or 1 tabling over a couple days. (I know not precise because winrates go down a little bit w/ multitabling, but you get my point.)
Old 03-29-2005, 02:42 PM

OK lets try this again for you people, say you play 4 hours of poker a day. (going to use 50 hands an hour/table for this) When you play one table at a time that will be about 200 hands for the day. Now if your 4 tabeling you will play 800 hands and since your playing more hands that is more variance. Not saying our variance of BB/100 goes up, but because you play more hands logically your variance goes up per hour. Therefor you need a bigger bankroll incase of a downswing, because a downswing with 4 tables is much more costly than with one table.

Now if you 4 table for 1 hour, and 1 table for 4 hours, and you generate the same amount of hands (which is what you guys keep assuming) then the variance is the same.