Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 12:23 AM

Default Re: How to do the all-in?

Physically push your stack in, inform the table loudly that you're hitting the can for a second and will be back when they're pushing you the pot after your opponents call and lose. Of course, this move is unoriginal, and might make your hand dead, but otherwise its pretty cool.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, this move is unoriginal, and might make your hand dead, but otherwise its pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno, if expiring at the table dosn't kill your hand would taking an emergency pee break kill it?
Old 09-16-2005, 02:06 AM

Take a swig from your corona.. For best effect, spill some on the table as well, and then shout...

"ALL YOU CAN EAT BAY-BEEEEE!"

Old 09-16-2005, 12:08 PM

Thanks a billion to the WPT and ESPN for further confusing everyone on the subject of poker. While the "hand gesture all-in" does occur in some high limit games, it's generally completely unknown to the VAST majority of low-limit-no-limit players. Let's not even go there with the dealers. If you don't verbally declare "ALL-IN" nice and loud, or physically move ALL your chips forward TOGETHER in ONE MOTION, so there's no doubt, no ambiguity, then you're just another WPT trained moron.

al
Old 09-16-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One way to show people that you're really serious is to take off your hat, your glasses, your watch and throw them into the center of the table along with your chips. If you want to even exceed that, strip off your shirt, pants, socks, and underwear and throw those on the table too. Stand there buck naked after you do this and whisper just above breath: "i am all in."

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to mention the part where you use your penis to push your chips forward. If you're going to strip naked, you might as well go all the way.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:06 PM

I dunno. I've never had too much of a problem putting my last two chips in the pot and saying "all-in" and then getting called in a flash and then asking the dealer to call for the chip runner so I can reload.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:21 PM

Just say all in loud enough for the dealer to hear you. Period. You don't have to move your hands or dance. It's fun. I personally prefer the business man special myself but what can yah do.

Robert
Old 09-16-2005, 01:41 PM

My chip stacks are usually too high to physically push into the middle, due to all of the idiots that give me their money by immitating their favorite WPT characters and going all-in with AJ because thats what the pros do.

Therefore, I just say "I'm all in."
Old 09-16-2005, 01:42 PM

Fuc, all-in. Say "I am all out", cause if you get called and lose, you will be all out of chips. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though, If i have too many chips to do an easy push with one hand, I will verbally declare allin. If I can easily move them in, I will.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then I realize none of this crap really matters, so I always make sure I have a quality hand before saying out loud that I'm all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding