Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 10:49 PM

Default A midpair hand vs Donk Bet King

Villian is the 'donk bet king'. In my 6+ rounds at the table, I have seen him donk bet any scare card obscene amount of the time. He's 65/5/.68 over a small sample. For example, he would donk bet an ace river with K high.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

The donk bet king burst into action. I'm seriously wondering about my hand right now, but I think, by his previous action, I might be ahead more than 1 out of 6 (maybe 1/4)

River: (12 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls. My read has not changed, so I call.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 11-15-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: A midpair hand vs Donk Bet King

I like the turn raise. I think you need to fold to the 3-bet.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:23 AM

If you can't fold to the 3 bet then, ftlog, don't raise the turn. In fact, as a general rule of thumb, if you believe your opponent is either bluffing or way ahead of you, you shouldn't be raising. I understand that you want to protect your hand, but unless you're ahead of this guy a huge portion of the time then this is weaksauce. Call, call.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:12 AM

Against this oppt u did right, call him down. Getting that turn reraise is a way to send a message to not try that crap with you but it can backfire. Against this guy u must at least call. And raise if u wanna send that subtle little message. Good hand